The upcoming Hyundai Starex is not yet official but some spy shots provide astounding support to the unofficial render that surfaced online. If indeed true, the upcoming 2021 Starex Gold and Grand Starex will have a head-turning and bold look–thanks to the redesigned fascia that resembles a futuristic vehicle.
Other features are left hidden but based on the leaked spy shots, the Starex van will have a higher headroom and taller window compared to the current one. This gives a comfortable ride but in exchange for a limited 11-seating capacity.
There is no word yet if Hyundai will introduce a customized Starex that could sit up to 13 or more passengers.
For the engine options, there are petrol (gasoline) and diesel variants with the Philippine market leaning on the diesel one that produces 198HP and 440Nm of torque.
What’s sure is that Hyundai Motor will launch the Starex by the second half of this year in several regions including in the Philippines.
Hyundai Starex 2022 Van specs, price, availability in the Philippines
- Body type: 6-door passenger van
- Seating capacity: 8 or 11 passengers
- Engine: 2.2-liter turbo diesel engine
- Power: 190 HP
- Torque: 440 Nm
- Transmission: Automatic with manual mode or manual
- Fuel efficiency: Diesel up to 18km/l *
- Ground clearance: 200mm
- Safety: Airbags, ABS, parking sensors
- Features: Touch Infotainment display
- Price: P1.5-million base model price up to P2.4-million
- Release date: Q4 2021 in the Philippines