Converge recently signed a Memorandum of Agreement (MOA) with the Philippines’ Department of Transportation (DoTr) and airport operators to give free internet access to 9 airports.
Airports that will have free internet access by Converge include:
- Ninoy Aquino International Airport
- Cebu’s Mactan International Airport
- Francisco Bangoy International Airport
- Bacolod-Silay Airport
- Iloilo International Airport
- Laoag International Airport
- Pagadian Airport
- Tacloban Airport
- Zamboanga International Airport
With the partnership, Converge will give registered users 120 minutes of free internet access per day, with speeds of 1Gbps and service reliability of 80% at the airports’ departure and arrival terminals.
After the MOA is signed, Converge has 90 days to develop a roll-out plan. They expect to launch their first free public wifi by the first quarter of 2023.