Samsung Galaxy Z Flip, Aka Galaxy Fold 2, Gets Its Official-Looking Renders
We’re two weeks away from Unpacked 2020 that’s going to happen on February 11, but it seems like everything has been revealed about the Galaxy Z Flip, aka Galaxy Fold 2. The official-looking renders looks better than the leaked hands-on that we’ve seen last December. Comparing the photos, the earlier appears to be accurate. Clad in purple hue aluminum shell, there are two main cameras along with an LED flash, and a cutout for the secondary screen for quick-access notification, date, time, and such.
The hinge reminds us of the original Galaxy Fold that’s resistive to dust and lint. That said, we can expect the crease on the display to be coming back. There’s a button on the right side that appears to be the volume rocker instead of the power button. As for the display, there’s no notch, instead, we’re in for the Infinity-O pinhole. For the rest of the specs, check them below.
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip is a new clamshell phone that looks to battle the new-gen Moto Razr 2019.
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip (Fold 2) specs, price, availability in the Philippines
- Display: 6.7-inch FULL HD+ (2636 x 1080 pixels) Dynamic AMOLED Infinity-O display, external 1.06-inch (300 x 116 pixels) Super AMOLED display with Gorilla Glass 6 protection
- Design: metal and glass
- CPU: Qualcomm SM8150 Snapdragon 855+ (7 nm)
- GPU: Adreno 640 (675MHz)
- RAM: 8GB RAM
- Memory: 256GB storage (UFS 3.0) non-expandable
- Camera: 12MP (primary dual pixel f/1.8) + 12MP (ultra-wide f/2.2); LED flash, HDR10+, OIS, Quick Start
- Selfie: 10MP (dual pixel f/2.4); up to 4K 30fps video
- Connectivity: 4G LTE, Wi-Fi 6, Bluetooth 5.0 aptX HD, GPS, audio jack, USB-C, Samsung Dex
- Security: face unlock, under-screen fingerprint scanner
- Battery: 3300mAh battery with 15w fast charging, 9w Qi wireless charging
- OS: Android 10 with One UI 2.0
- Colors: Black and Purple
- Price: €1500 or ~P83K (estimated)
- Release date: February 11, 2020 Global Launch