Xiaomi’s thin and portable Windows 10 ultrabook, the Mi Notebook Air is getting an imminent update this year, specifically the 13.3-inch version. Based on the online posting in China, we will see the same 1.3kg magnesium metal design, perhaps better keyboard and trackpad, and with changes happening most inside.
More laptops review
- Xiaomi Mi Notebook Air 12.5 2016 model Review
- Mi Notebook Air with 4G LTE capable
- Asus Zenbook UX430UA Review, Gaming Benchmark, Battery Life
What’s in tow is a 7th gen or Kaby Lake Intel Core i5-7200U with a 3.1GHz base clock speed while paired with an 8GB DDR4 RAM, new Nvidia Geforce MX150 discrete graphics card on top of the Intel 640 HD built-in graphics, and 4-cell battery life with fast charging.
The array of ports includes a 5Gbps USB Type-C 3.1, full sized USB 3.0, and HDMI. Likely, we will not see an SD card reader for the second time, but what’s in exchange for that is a fingerprint sensor embedded at the trackpad.
Official pricing for the 128GB model is at CNY 4999 or equivalent to $730 USD and the 256GB will set you for CNY 5499 ($800). There’s no official launch or release date yet but expect this from the Chinese giant in a couple of weeks or so.
Xiaomi Mi Notebook Air 13″ 2017 laptop model Official Specs, Price, Release Date
- Display: 13.3-inch IPS LCD 1080p display, Gorilla Glass
- Design: Magnesium-lithium alloy, 1.3kg weight, 14.8mm thick
- Camera: Full HD webcam
- CPU: Intel Core i5-7200U 7th gen (Kaby Lake) at 3.1GHz
- GPU: Intel HD 640, Nvidia Geforce MX150 with 2GB GDDR5
- RAM: 8GB DDR4
- Memory: 128GB or 256GB SSD
- Ports: UBS Type-C 5Gbps, USB 3.0 x 2, full-sized HDMI 2.0?
- Security: Fingerprint sensor
- Connectivity: WiFi 802.11ac, Bluetooth 4.0
- Battery: 4-cell, fast charging at 50% in 30min.
- OS: Windows 10 Home / Pro 64-bit
- Release date: June or July official launch date in the Philippines
- Price: SRP $735 or est. Php 37k for 128GB, $800 or P40k for 256GB