Alongside with Mi Note 2, the Mi MIX is the under the category of phablet flagship. The concept phone of Xiaomi is not really just a concept since it will go on sale in November in China.
Xiaomi Mi Mix main attraction is its edgeless or bezel-less display with a round-edged display, not only on its side but also on top and reducing the space at the bottom to relocate the front camera to the bottom right corner. Yes, you read that right. The front camera is 50% smaller compared to the traditional front camera.
Its full body is made of ceramic including the frame, side buttons, and back cover. Xiaomi implemented Cantilever piezoelectric acoustic technology which replaces the traditional earpiece speaker, allowing its users to listen to calls without the earpiece. Another thing that they replaced is the infrared proximity sensor with ultrasonic proximity sensor hidden behind the display.
The Mi MIX is available in two variants, the 4GB/128GB for 3499yuan or $515 or P25k and 6GB/256GB with 18-karat gold rims around the camera and fingerprint sensor for 3999yuan or $590 or P28.5k(before taxes).
Xiaomi Mi MIX official photo
Xiaomi Mi MIX specs, Philippine price, release date
- Display: 6.4-inch IPS LCD 1080 x 2040, 362 ppi
- Design: edgeless/bezel-less display, all-ceramic
- Size: 7.9mm, 209g
- CPU: Snapdragon 821, quad-core, 2.35GHz
- GPU: Adreno 530 GPU
- RAM: 4/6GB LPDDR4
- Memory: 128/256GB UFS 2.0
- Camera: 16MP PDAF rear camera, dual-tone flash
- Selfie: 5MP
- Connectivity: LTE, WiFi ac, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS high-precision, NFC
- Ports: USB Type-C, 3.5 mm audio jack
- Audio: 192KHz/24-bit audio
- Security: Fingerprint sensor
- Battery: 4400mAh with Quick Charge 3.0
- OS: Android 6.0 Marshmallow with MIUI 8.0
- Color: Black
- Release date: November 2016 availability in China
- Price: 4GB/128GB for 3499yuan or $515 or P25k and 6GB/256GB 18k for 3999yuan or $590 or P28.5k(before taxes)