The Announced Mi 10 Series features 108MP Quad cameras, 90Hz, 5G, and massive batteries
As scheduled, Xiaomi has announced the Mi 10 and Mi 10 Pro with massive spec sheets for half the price of the Galaxy S20 series. Availability in China will start February 14th for the standard model and February 18th for the pro model. See the prices of the Mi 10 Series below:
- Mi 10 – CNY 3999(~P29K) – 8GB/128GB
- Mi 10 – CNY 4299(~P31K) – 8GB/256GB
- Mi 10 – CNY 4699(~P34K) – 12GB/256GB
- Mi 10 Pro – CNY 4999(~P36K) – 8GB/256GB
- Mi 10 Pro – CNY 5499(~P40K) – 12GB/256GB
- Mi 10 Pro – CNY 5999(~P43K) – 12GB/512GB
The design of both Mi 10 devices looks a lot like the Mi Note 10 series. But instead of a teardrop notch, the 20MP f2.0 selfie camera is housed inside a pinhole on the top-left corner of the Super AMOLED screen. Both again are carrying a 6.67″ curved display with FHD resolution. It can go up to 1000 nits and supports 180Hz touch response rate, 90Hz screen refresh rate, HDR10+, and DCI-P3 color gamut. Since both are running on Snapdragon 865, expect 5G connectivity to be on board as well. There’s no microSD slot nor headphone jack but stereo speakers are present. Even with the glass and glass build, Xiaomi still chose not to include any sort of IP rating. However, the innards are packed with a liquid cooling system featuring graphene and multi-layer graphite.
For the cameras, the Mi 10 series is rocking Samsung’s 108MP f1.7 sensor. However, the regular Mi 10 is accompanied by less impressive cameras — 13MP f2.4 ultrawide, f2.4 macro, and f2.4 depth. As for the Mi 10 Pro, it’s assisted by 8MP f2.0 telephoto offers up to 10x hybrid zoom(up to 50x digital zoom), 12MP f2.0 portrait sensor with 2x optical zoom, and 20MP f2.2 ultrawide. Xiaomi is boasting the pro model’s cameras as it scored 124 points on DXOMark, making it the number one smartphone camera from the list. Just behind Huawei Mate 30 Pro 5G’s 123 points. All said, there’s no 8K video recording here like the S20 Ultra.
Despite the same size, there’s a difference in battery size. Strangely, Mi 10 has a bigger capacity at 4780mAh but with 30W fast charging only. While Mi 10 Pro clocks in at 4500mAh but with 65W support. Either way, both are capable of 30W fast wireless charging and 10W reverse wireless charging. The regular model is available in Ice Blue, Peach Gold, Titanium Silver with the pro model in Pearl White and Starry Blue.
According to Global VP of Xiaomi, India will get the Mi 10 Series but through import, since its local facilities can’t support the manufacturing of the devices. He added that the pricing model will be “different”.
Xiaomi Mi 10 and Mi 10 Pro specs, price, availability in the Philippines
- Display: 6.67-inch 1080p+, Super AMOOLED, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 (back), DCI-P3, HDR10+, 90Hz, 180Hz touch response rate, up to 1000nits, pinhole
- Design: aluminum frame, glass back and front
- CPU/Chipset: Qualcomm SM8250 Snapdragon 865 (7 nm+)
- GPU: Adreno 650
- RAM: 8GB/12GB
- Storage: 128GB/256GB/512GB UFS 3.0
- Main Camera: 108 MP, f/1.7, (wide), 1/1.33″, PDAF, OIS + 13 MP, f/2.4, 12mm (ultrawide) + 2 MP, f/2.4, (macro) + 2 MP, f/2.4, (depth) | Mi 10 Pro – 108 MP, f/1.7, (wide), 1/1.33″, PDAF, Laser AF, OIS + 8 MP, f/2.0, (telephoto), 1.0µm, PDAF, Laser AF, OIS, 10x hybrid optical zoom + 12 MP, f/2.0, (portrait), 1/2.55″, 1.4µm, dual pixel PDAF, 2x optical zoom + 20 MP, f/2.2, 13mm (ultrawide) | up to 4K @ 30fps video recording
- Selfie Camera: 20 MP, f/2.0, (wide), 1/3″, 0.9µm | video up to FHD @ 30fps
- Connectivity & Ports: 5G, 4G LTE, Bluetooth 5.1, WiFi ax, GPS, USB-C
- Security: face unlock, under-screen optical fingerprint scanner
- Battery: Mi 10 – 4780mAh (30W PD 3.0) | Mi 10 Pro – 4500mAh (65W PD 3.0) | 30W wireless charging, 10W reverse wireless
- Audio: stereo speakers, 24-bit, aptX HD, aptX adaptive
- OS: Android 10.0; MIUI 11
- Colors: Ice Blue, Peach Gold, Titanium Silver (Mi 10) | Pearl White, Starry Blue (Mi 10 Pro)
- Price: CNY 3999(~P29K) to CNY 5999(~P43K)
- Release date: February 14, 18 (India), TBD (Philippines)