There’s a new budget phone in Malaysia, and it’s called Vivo Y20 (2021). Much like the previous Y20 devices, the 2021 version is basically a tweaked version of Y20 (2020) and Y20i for a different market. In fact, the same device launched as Y20A in India right before the New Year.
Going by the looks of the Y20 (2021), it looks identical to the Y20i, which is available for purchase in the Philippines. It also means that the device comes in Dawn White and Nebula Blue colors.
As for the specs, Vivo’s rehashed device features 5000mAh with micro-USB charger, 4GB RAM, 64GB expandable storage, 13MP main shooter with a pair of 2MP for macro and depth, an 8MP selfie inside a notch, and a 6.51″ HD+ display.
What’s different, however, is the chipset. Vivo Y20 (2021) is running on an Helio P35 chipset instead of the Snapdragon 460. The use of MediaTek SoC should give users a slight boost in graphics processing versus the Snapdragon SoC.
In Malaysia, Vivo Y20 (2021) goes for RM 599 (~Php7,100).
Vivo Y20 (2021) specs, price, availability in the Philippines
- Display: 6.51″ HD+ IPS LCD
- Design: all-polycarbonate
- Dimension and Weight: –
- Chipset: Mediatek MT6765 Helio P35 (12nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (4×2.35 GHz Cortex-A53 & 4×1.8 GHz Cortex-A53)
- GPU: PowerVR GE8320
- RAM: 4GB
- Storage: 64GB eMMC 5.1 expandable via microSD slot
- Main Camera: 13 MP, f/1.8, (wide), PDAF
2 MP, f/2.4, (macro)
2 MP, f/2.4, (depth)| video up to [email protected]
- Selfie Camera: 8 MP, (wide) | up to [email protected]
- Connectivity & Ports: 4G/LTE, Wi-Fi ac, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS, microUSB, audio jack
- Security: face unlock, side-mounted fingerprint scanner
- Battery: 5000mAh(10W)
- Audio: loudspeaker
- OS: Android 10, Funtouch 10.5
- Colors: Black, White
- Price: RM 599 (~Php7,100)
- Release Date: January 2021 (Malaysia)