As reported a couple of weeks ago, Vivo India has finally launched its newest mid-range smartphones for selfie lovers. Meet Vivo V17 Pro — featuring two selfie cameras on a pop-up mechanism and four main cameras to go for INR 29,990 (~P22k). It will be available for purchase starting September 29th.
Vivo V17 Pro — A total of six cameras
In India, Vivo believes that its selfie cameras are the best (based on user feedback). That’s why the company decided to release Vivo V17 Pro, focusing on cameras, cameras, and cameras. The main focus is the selfie cameras — offering a 32MP f2.0 sensor and an 8MP ultra-wide. Joining the two sensors is a soft LED flash for low-light selfies.
On the back of V17 Pro are four more cameras. These are your 48MP Sony sensor, 13MP telephoto capable of 2x optical zoom, 8MP ultrawide angle with the ability to shoot 2.5cm macro photography, and 2MP depth for portraits.
As for the rest of the phone, the display comes with no notch or whatsoever, with the Super AMOLED panel reaching 600nits of peak brightness. There’s a protection for the display, but instead of Corning Gorilla Glass, the company is using Schott Xensation UP. Little is know about it but glass is glass and glass breaks.
What do you think of Vivo V17 Pro? Would you want to see Vivo’s mid-range phone launch in the Philippines?
Vivo V17 Pro specs, price, availability in the Philippines
- Display: 6.44-inch Super AMOLED FHD+, Ultra FullView, Schott Xensation UP
- Design: metal frame, glass back, 91.65% screen-to-body ratio
- CPU: Snapdragon 675 (11nm)
- GPU: Adreno 612
- RAM: 8GB
- Memory: 128 GB + microSD up to 256 GB
- Camera: 48MP Sony IMX583 primary sensor, f/1.8 + 13MP telephoto with 2X optical zoom, f/2.5 + 8MP 120º wide-angle + 2.5cm (1″) macro, f/2.2 + 2MP depth sensor, f/2.4, 4K @ 30fps video recording
- Selfie Camera: motorized 32MP f2.0 wide + 2MP depth, 1080p @ 30fps video
- Connectivity: 4G LTE A, Wi-Fi ac, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS, USB Type-C, headphone jack, NFC(region dependent)
- Security: under-screen fingerprint scanner
- Battery: 4100 mAh with 18W Dual-Engine Fast Charging
- OS: Android 9.0 Pie with FunTouch 9.1
- Release date: September 29, 2019 in India, TBD in the Philippines
- Price: INR 29,990 (~P22k) before taxes