Sony is not giving up on its smartphone lineup as it launches the Sony Xperia 5 II or Xperia 5 2nd gen for 2020 with a compact design but more features over the Xperia 1 2019.
The Sony Xperia 5 II features a 6.1-inch screen with FHD resolution, OLED panel, and 120 Hz that support both gaming and video streaming. It has an IP 68 waterproofing as well and places the fingerprint scanner on the power button. The 3.5-mm audio jack is retained as it aims for audiophiles with its support for rich audio formats playback.
Inside the Sony Xperia 5 II is a Snapdragon 865 processor with lacking 5G connectivity but with WiFi 6 and 4G LTE. The 4000 mAh battery is quite big for its size and supports fast charging. The RAM is 8GB while the storage is 128GB with support up to 1TB microSD card expansion.
The main focus of the Xperia 5 II is on the camera department as it pairs the triple 12MP sensor with the Zeiss lens. It shoots 4K video and has an 8MP selfie camera.
The Sony Xperia 5 II is currently available for pre-order in the USA and select countries in Europe. There is no word yet if the Xperia 5 2 will be launched in the Philippines but its price is about P45k before taxes.
Sony Xperia 5 II specs, price, release date in the Philippines
- Display: 6.1-inch OLED, 120Hz, Full HD, 21:9
- Design: IP68 Gorilla Glass 6
- CPU: Snapdragon 865
- RAM: 8GB
- Memory: 128GB with 1 Terabyte support for microSD
- Camera: 12 MP triple camera, ZEISS optics
- Selfie: 8MP
- Battery: 4000 mAh, Fast Charging PD
- Connectivity: 4G LTE, WiFi 6, Bluetooth 5.1
- Audio: 3.5mm audio, High-Resolution LDAC, Dolby Atmos, etc.
- OS: Android 10 to 11 software upgrade
- Colors: Black, Dark Blue, Grey
- Price: $950 or P45,000.00 before taxes
- Release Date: October 2020 in select countries, Philippine TBA*