The revitalization of Galaxy A has kept Samsung in the game when it comes to affordable smartphones. From the Galaxy A10 to the flipping & rotating Galaxy A80, we all thought the South Korean company was done boosting its mid-range lineup. Out of nowhere, the company quietly announced through its official website the Galaxy A01 — a cheap entry-level phone.
Samsung Galaxy A01 Goes Official
According to the website, the Galaxy A01 uses an unnamed octa-core CPU that features 4 x 1.95GHz and 4 x 1.45GHz. With a body thickness of 8.34m, the all-polycarbonate body is thicker than most phones today. The screen is also a tad smaller at 5.7″ even with the presence of the Infinity-V notch. On the back, there are two cameras — 13MP f2.2 main and 2MP f2.4 for depth. While the front selfie is using a 5MP f2.0 lens. The battery is rated 3000mAh which is worrisome. And while you only have 2GB RAM and 16GB internal storage, there’s a dedicated microSD slot that supports up to 512GB. Coming in black, blue, and red colors, Galaxy A01’s official price and availability remain to be seen. We should know more about it after a few days.
Currently, the Galaxy A10s is the cheapest phone from Samsung. It has nearly the same set of features as the A01 but the cameras are a bit upgraded, the battery is 4000mAh, and there’s a fingerprint scanner. All that for P6,990.
Samsung Galaxy A01 specs, price, availability in the Philippines
- Display: 5.7″ PLS TFT HD+, Infinity-V notch, 19:9 aspect ratio
- Design: all-polycarbonate
- Dimension and Weight: 146.2 x 70.9 x 8.3 mm, 149 g
- Chipset: Qualcomm SDM439 Snapdragon 439 (12 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (4×1.95 GHz Cortex-A53 & 4×1.45 GHz Cortex A53)
- GPU: Adreno 505
- RAM: 2GB
- Storage: 16GB expandable via dedicated microSD slot of up to 256GB
- Main Camera: 13 MP, f/2.2, 28mm (wide), 1/3.1″, 1.12µm, AF
2 MP, f/2.4, (depth)
| up to [email protected] video
- Selfie Camera: 5MP
| up to 1080p video
- Connectivity & Ports: 4G/LTE, Wi-Fi b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2, audio jack, microUSB
- Security: face unlock
- Battery: 3000mAh battery, fast charging?
- Audio: south-firing mono speaker
- OS: Android 10.0; One UI 2
- Colors: Black, Blue, Red
- Price: $109.99(~P5,500)
- Release date: June 2020 (North America)