Ever since the Pocophone F1, it seems like every other sub-brand has been releasing flagship-level phones at a budget-oriented price. Enter the Redmi Pro 2, an upcoming affordable flagship phone from Xiaomi that will (most likely) compete against the likes of Poco. In a poster leak, the Redmi Pro 2 seems to come with interesting features which were hinted by their CEO, Lei June, a couple of weeks ago.
For starters, the Redmi Pro 2 is seen with a pop-up camera. Furthermore, it seems like it will come with a triple main camera setup. Translating the Chinese text to English reveals a 48MP sensor, a Snapdragon 855, and under-screen fingerprint scanner.
For now, we will take this with a grain of salt until we see convincing evidence. But if anything, the smartphone space just keeps getting better and better for consumers especially if the price is very competitive. We estimate that the Redmi Pro 2 will retail for about P14k to P16k Philippine pesos.
Redmi Pro 2 rumored specs, price, availability in the Philippines
- Display: 6.4-inch IPS LCD Full HD or 1080p+
- Design: Glass + Polycarbonate with Gorilla Glass protection
- CPU: Snapdragon 855 octa-core AI processor
- GPU: Adreno 640 graphics
- RAM: 4GB to 8GB
- Memory: 64GB to 128GB
- Camera: 48MP Dual camera with depth sensor
- Selfie: pop-up or motorized 16MP selfie camera
- Battery: 4000 mAh
- Charging: Quick Charging 4.0+
- Connectivity: 4G LTE-A, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS, USB Type-C
- Security: Fingerprint Sensor under display or on-screen
- OS: Android 9.0 Pie
- Price: Estimated at $290 to $340 USD or P14k to P16k Philippine pesos
- Release date: Launch date on Q2 2019