Xiaomi announces Redmi K30 Pro and Redmi K30 Pro Zoom Edition in China
As promised, Xiaomi released yet another flagship-killer phone in 2020. Dubbed as Redmi K30 Pro and Redmi K30 Pro Zoom Edition, the new power duo features nearly everything that you can expect from a 2020 flagship phone. All for half the price of the Galaxy S20 series — you get top tier performance, great design, quad cameras, and large batteries.
Redmi K30 Pro
Replacing the Redmi K20 Pro, the K30 Pro stays true to its roots. The glass-metal-glass design is a lot smoother to the hands, thanks to the 3D curved back glass. Furthermore, it’s protected by Gorilla Glass 5 which also happens to be the same protection for the 6.67″ FHD+ Super AMOLED screen. If you’re one of the people who were expecting 120Hz, there’s only 60Hz here. On the brighter side, the panel can reach 500nits typical brightness, making it an HDR10+ certified phone, in addition to being DCI-P3 color accurate. Furthermore, the 180Hz touch rate should make gaming more responsive.
Rocking Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 865, K30 Pro is 5G ready. It’s also the first phone to come with that feature, alongside a pop-up selfie camera that houses the 20MP sensor. The moving part can now retract in just 0.58 seconds. As for the quad cameras on the back, the rounded module reminds us of OnePlus 7T, including the significant hump. In terms of specs, the main sensor is of 64MP Sony IMX686 with OIS, assisted by 5MP telephoto featuring 2x optical zoom, 13MP ultrawide, and 2MP depth lenses.
As for the rest of the specs, K30 Pro includes 4700mAh battery with 33W fast charging, 360-degree antenna design for stronger 5G connection, Wi-Fi 6, Super Bluetooth, NFC, IR port, and a freakin’ headphone jack with hi-res audio support. Well, it doesn’t end there. The haptic feedback is improved, due to the linear motor. And longer gaming sessions should be much better with K30 Pro’s vapor cooling chamber with nine temperature sensors. Ain’t that a handful for a phone?
The price of Redmi K30 Pro starts at CNY 2999(~P21,600) for the 6GB/128GB. The 8GB/128GB and 8GB/256GB models cost CNY 3399(~P24,500) and CNY 3699(~P26,700). Availability in China will start on March 27.
Redmi K30 Pro Zoom Edition
As for the Redmi K30 Pro Zoom Edition, it seems like Xiaomi is doubling down the camera performance. For the most part, the feature set is the same, obviously, except for the cameras. The main sensor is still using the same Sony 64MP sensor. However, the telephoto lens is of 8MP with OIS support. Thanks to that, optical zoom reaches up to 3x with digital zoom up to 30x. 8K video recording is also supported, along with 4-axis OIS for more stable videos. Redmi is also claiming that its 8MP lens can provide exceptional macro shots which typically are garbage in the real world. We’ll see what K30 Pro Zoom Edition has to offer. That said, the price starts at CNY 3799(~P27,400) for the 8GB/128GB and goes up to CNY 3999(~P28,800) for the 8GB/256GB model.
Redmi K30 Pro and K30 Pro Zoom Edition specs, price, availability in the Philippines
- Display: 6.67-inch FHD+ Super AMOLED, HDR10+, DCI-P3 100%, 60Hz
- Design: Gorilla Glass 5 for the front and back, pop-up selfie, metal frame
- Dimension and Weight: 163.3 x 75.4 x 8.9 mm, 218g
- CPU: Qualcomm SM8250 Snapdragon 865 (7 nm+)
- GPU: Adreno 650
- RAM: 6GB/8GB LPDDR4X
- Memory: 128GB/256GB UFS 3.1, non-expandable storage
- Main Camera: 64 MP, 26mm (wide), 1/1.72″, 0.8µm, PDAF
5 MP, 50mm (telephoto), AF, 2x optical zoom
13 MP, 13mm (ultrawide)
2 MP, (depth) | video recording up to 8K30fps with EIS and OIS
- Main Camera(Zoom Edition): 64 MP, 26mm (wide), 1/1.72″, 0.8µm, PDAF
8 MP, 50mm (telephoto), AF, 3x optical zoom, 30x digital zoom, OIS
13 MP, 13mm (ultrawide)
2 MP, (depth) | video recording up to 8K30fps with EIS and 4-axis OIS
- Selfie Camera: Motorized pop-up 20 MP, (wide), 1/3.4″, 0.8µm | video recording up to FHD120fps
- Connectivity: 5G, LTE, Bluetooth 5.1, WiFi ac, GPS, audio jack, USB-C, Infrared blaster
- Security: optical under-screen fingerprint scanner, face unlock
- Battery: 4700mAh 33W Quick Charge 4+ or Power Delivery (0-100% in 63 minutes)
- Audio: mono speaker, Hi-res audio, aptX HD, aptX Adaptive
- OS: Android 10.0; MIUI 11
- Colors: Grey, Purple, White, Blue
- Price: CNY 2999(~P21,600) to CNY 3699(~P26,700)
- Price(Zoom Edition): CNY 3799(~P27,400) and CNY 3999(~P28,800)
- Release date: March 27, 2020 (China), TBD (Philippines)