Xiaomi Philippines has introduced the budget Redmi 7A phone that starts at P4,790 for the 2GB/16GB model and Php 5,290 for 2GB+32GB version. As of writing, it’s available on Mi Authorized stores, August 6 on Lazada, and at a later date on Shopee.
Redmi 7A Goes Official in the Philippines
If you’re looking for a budget phone under P5k, the Redmi 7A is looking like a good option. It features a decent-performing Snapdragon 439 and comes with 4000mAh battery (bundled with a 10W charger) to last you more than a day. There’s also a large 5.45″ HD+ IPS LCD with low blue light eye protection. As for the cameras, there is a 12MP f2.2 AI rear camera that captures better low-light images and a 5MP f2.2 front camera that enables face to unlock.
The Redmi 7A’s polycarbonate body is able to withstand splashes of water thanks to its splash-resistant coasting. For what it’s worth, FM radio is available here. The device comes in four colors — the entry-model features Matte Blue and Matte Black while the top-end model comes in Gem Blue and Gem Red.
Redmi 7A specs, price, availability in the Philippines
- Display: 5.45-inch IPS LCD HD+
- Design: polycarbonate body, splash-resistant
- CPU: SnapdragonTM 439 processor
- GPU: Adreno 505
- RAM: 2GB
- Memory: 16GB/32GB + microSD, up to 256GB
- Main Camera: 12MP rear primary camera – IMX486 – 1.25μm, f/2.2, 5pcs lens
- Selfie Camera: 5MP front camera – 1.12μm, f/2.2, 3pcs lens
- Connectivity: 4G LTE A, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS, micro USB, headphone jack, FM radio
- Security: face unlock
- Battery: 4000 mAh, 10W
- OS: Android 9.0 Pie with MIUI 10
- Release date: July 26, 2019 Philippines
- Price: P4,790 – Php 5,290