According to India’s Flipkart landing page, Realme 5s will arrive on November 20th and will feature an upgraded main camera. Furthermore, it seems like a new Red color is going to be introduced. It remains to be seen whether or not Crystal Blue and Crystal Purple will make a comeback. That said, the new budget phone is a Realme 5 with a 48MP quad-cam.
Realme 5s sits right between Realme 5 and Realme 5 Pro. Having the same Snapdragon 665 chipset with a massive 5000mAH, we’re hoping to see the switch to USB-C port for faster-charging speed. As for the rest of the specs, there’s the teardrop notch, HD+ display, and a capacitive rear fingerprint scanner. While no one mentioned about the price, it’s easy to determine given the info we have right now. Realme 5 starts at P6,990 and Realme 5 Pro at P11,990. Realme 5s could be somewhere around the P8K mark if it will ever launch in the Philippines.
Realme 5s specs, price, availability in the Philippines
- Display: 6.5-inch HD+ IPS LCD, Corning Gorilla Glass 3+
- Design: polycarbonate frame, holographic crystal back panel, splash-resistant
- CPU: Qualcomm SDM665 Snapdragon 665 (11 nm)
- RAM: 3GB?, 4GB?
- Memory: 32GB?, 64GB?, 128GB? with a dedicated MicroSD up to 256GB
- Camera: 48 MP, f/1.8, (wide), PDAF + 8 MP, f/2.2, 13mm (ultrawide) + 2 MP, f/2.4 (dedicated macro camera) + 2 MP, f/2.4, depth sensor | video recording up to 4K @ 30fps
- Selfie: 13MP AI, Face unlock
- Connectivity: 4G LTE, Bluetooth 5.0, WiFi ac, GPS
- Security: rear-mounted fingerprint sensor
- Battery: 5000mAh, MicroUSB port with 10W charging
- OS: Android 9.0 Pie, ColorOS 6
- Colors: Crystal Red
- Price: TBD
- Release date: November 2019 India availability