The Second Pocophone is here — Meet POCO X2!
After a couple of weeks of teasing, POCO India has finally unveiled the second phone under the Pocophone family. Meet POCO X2 — a mid-range phone packed with gaming and camera features for INR 15,999 starting price or roughly ~P11,500 (6GB/64GB) in Philippine peso. The 128GB version costs INR 16,999(~P12,100) while the top model with 8GB/256GB configuration sets you back at INR 19,999(~P14,250). It will be available in India starting February 11th. Outside China, the device is known as Redmi K30. That said, there’s a good chance we’ll see the affordable 120Hz phone to arrive in the Philippines anytime soon.
As mentioned, POCO X2 is just re-branded Redmi K30 that was already announced last year. To give you a refresher, it packs Snapdragon 730G chipset with POCO launcher based on MIUI 11 out of the box. One of the biggest features is the 120Hz IPS LCD screen, aka RealityFlow. The faster screen refresh rate delivers smoother animation and overall feel when using the device. Furthermore, it intelligently changes for battery optimization. That said, the 4500mAh battery is surely more than enough to last you a whole day. In case you need to charge, 27W fast charging via USB-C is present.
Now to the cameras. The rounded camera module comes with four sensors — 64MP f1.7 that pixel bins images to 16MP, 8MP ultrawide sensor with 120-degree field-of-view, 2MP macro lens with 2cm minimum focus distance, and 2MP depth assistance. POCO is adding an interesting feature called VLOG Mode. We’ll have to test it out to see what’s special about it. But for the selfie cameras, yes, there are two sensors — 20MP main and 2MP depth. These are housed inside a pill-shaped cutout located on the top-right of the screen. All sensors support AI for better post-processing.
For the tidbits, POCO X2 comes with an audio jack, glass and glass design, IR blaster, splash resistance, VoWiFi, liquid cooling technology, side-mounted fingerprint scanner (embedded on the power button), and Hi-res sound. The available colors are Atlantis Blue, Matrix, Purple, and Phoenix Red.
What do you think of POCO X2? What phone would you like to see compared with it?
POCO X2 specs, price, release date in the Philippines
- Display: 6.67-inch FHD+, IPS LCD, dual-pinhole, 120HZ RealityFlow
- Design: metal frame, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 back and front, frosted-glass finish
- CPU: Qualcomm SDM730 Snapdragon 730G (8 nm), SD 765G (7nm) for 5G
- GPU: Adreno 618
- RAM: 6GB/8GB
- Memory: 128GB/256GB UFS 2.1 expandable storage
- Camera: 64 MP, f/1.9, 26mm (wide), 1/1.7″, 0.8µm, PDAF
8 MP, f/2.2, 13mm (ultrawide), 1/4″, 1.12µm
2 MP, f/2.4, 1/5″, 1.75µm (dedicated macro camera)
2 MP, f/2.4, 1/5″, 1.75µm, depth sensor | video up to 4K @ 30fps with EIS?
- Selfie: 20 MP, f/2.2, 27mm (wide), 1/3.4″, 0.8µm
2 MP, f/2.4, 1/5″, 1.75µm, depth sensor
- Connectivity: 4G LTE-A Wi-Fi ac, BT 5.0 aptX HD, GPS, NFC, audio jack, USB-C
- Battery: non-removable 4500mAh 27W
- Security: face unlock, side-mounted fingerprint scanner
- OS: Android 10 with POCO Launcher
- Release date: Feb 11, 2020 India
- Price: INR 15,999 (~P11,500) to INR 19,999(~P14,250)