OPPO has launched a new and affordable smartphone in China. It is called OPPO A55 and it is powered by Mediatek Dimensity 700 chipset and also comes with a pretty big battery.
This smartphone has the Dimensity 700 which is powerful enough for the Cortex-A76 cores that run at 2.2 GHz and six power-efficient Cortex-A55 cores running at 2 GHz. The chip will be accompanied by 6GB RAM and 128GB storage. OPPO even included the A55 5G a microSD slot to further expand its memory storage.
On its front, the A55 has a 6’5” LCD and an HD+ resolution. It also has a waterdrop notch on its panel with 8MP f/2.0 camera.
At the back, it features three cameras – the main 13MP with an f/2.2 lens and two 2MP f/2.4 auxiliary shooters – one-two give the user an extra depth with portrait shots and the other for close-ups. The OPPO A55 5G’s camera resolution can record up to 1080p at 30fps, and for slow-motion clips, it will provide a 720p resolution.
Lastly, the battery for the A55 has about 5,000mAh capacity. However, a fast-charging feature is not included, just a 5V/2A, which is equivalent to 10W. But the phone will still have a USB-C type port at the bottom of the phone right next to the 3.5mm audio jack. On the side of the phone, the fingerprint scanner will be housed, inside the power key.
The OPPO A55 5G is currently on sale across China and it is priced at CNY1,599, which roughly converts in peso for PHP 11,867.87. Also, as of the moment, there are no updates on when it will be available in Philippine stores.
OPPO A55 5G specs, price, availability in the Philippines
- Display: 50-inch, IPS LCD, 720 x 1600 pixels, 20:9 ratio
- Design: all-polycarbonate
- Dimension and Weight: 9 x 75.7 x 8.4 mm 186 g
- Chipset: MediaTek MT6833 Dimensity 700 5G (7 nm)
- CPU:Octa-core (4×2.2 GHz Cortex-A76 & 4×2.0 GHz Cortex-A55)
- GPU: Mali-G57 MC2
- RAM: 6GB
- Storage: 128GB via microSDXC slot
- Main Camera: 13 MP, f/2.2, 25mm (wide), 1/3.06″, 1.12µm, PDAF
2 MP, f/2.4, (macro)
2 MP, f/2.4, (depth)
LED flash, HDR, panorama
- Selfie Camera: 8 MP, f/2.0, (wide)
HDR | [email protected]
- Connectivity & Ports: 5G(sub-6GHz), 4G/LTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot, Bluetooth 5.1, A2DP, LE, aptX HD, USB Type-C 2.0, USB On-The-Go, GPS with A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS, QZS, 3.5mm audio jack
- Security: Fingerprint (side-mounted),
- Battery: Li-Po 5000 mAh, non-removable, Charging 10W
- Audio: mono speaker
- OS: Android 11, ColorOS 11.1
- Colors: Black, Blue
- Price: PHP 11,867.87 (est)
- Release date: January 25, 2020 (China)