To compete in the premium mid-range market, HMD Global is releasing the Nokia 8.3 with a price of €599(~P33K). Expected to be available to purchase this summer, the handset is relying on future-proofing as its main selling point. According to the company, Nokia 8.3 is the first 5G phone that truly supports all global bands, including 600MHz and 3.8GHz, making it the phone with the largest 5G band support. And while 5G connectivity is already available on this device, this also means that the chipset powering the phone is the Snapdragon 765G. Additionally, that’s paired with 6GB/8GB LPDDR4X RAM and 64GB/128GB internal storage.
HMD Global continues to lead the market when it comes to phone design, featuring a curved glass backing in Polar Night color. The subtle shimmer on the back allows the device to stand out in the sea of fake-glass phones. Another striking feature is the camera module which comes equipped with four Zeiss cameras. Technically speaking, the cameras are headlined by a 64MP sensor. In addition to that is the 12MP ultrawide that can record 4K video, 2MP depth, and 2MP macro lenses. Upfront reveals a 24MP selfie camera that’s housed inside a curvy notch. Aside from being Zeiss branded, HMD claims that users can edit videos professionally in Hollywood style by adding effects, such as anamorphic, action cam mode, and blue flares.
As for the rest of the specs, Nokia 8.3 comes with a 4500mAh battery (capable of 18W fast charging), audio jack with OZO Audio support, and Android 10 with guaranteed two years of Android upgrades and three years security updates. Oh, and we almost forgot, the 6.81″ FHD+ PureDisplay screen is also capable of converting SDR to HDR content which, in real the world, is hit-and-miss. You can check our Nokia 7.2 review for that. HMD Global is creating something good here and we don’t have any problems with the package it’s offering, however, we feel like the device is going to be undervalued due to the premium price tag it carries.
Nokia 5.3 specs, price, availability in the Philippines
- Display: 6.81″ IPS LCD PureDisplay(SDR to HDR) FHD+, teardrop notch, 20:9,
- Design: 3D curved glass backing, aluminum frame, Corning Gorilla Glass ver?
- Dimension: 171.9 x 78.6 x 9 mm, 220g
- CPU: Qualcomm SDM765 Snapdragon 765G (7 nm)
- GPU: Adreno 620
- RAM: 6GB/8GB LPDDR4X
- Memory: 64GB/128GB – expandable via microSDXC of up to 256GB
- Camera: Zeiss 64 MP, (wide)
12 MP, (ultrawide)
2 MP, (macro)
2 MP, (depth)
| up to 4K@30fps video including ultrawide camera, EIS
- Selfie: 24 MP, (wide)
| up to 1080p video
- Connectivity: 5G (global band), 4G/LTE, Bluetooth 5.0, audio jack, USB-C
- Security: power button-embedded side-mounted fingerprint scanner, face unlock
- Battery: 4500mAh battery, 18W fast charging
- Audio: mono speakers with OZO Audio
- OS: Android 10, guaranteed to receive up to Android 12
- Colors: Polar Night
- Price: €599(~P33K)
- Release date: Summer 2020 (Europe), TBD (Philippines)