At IFA 2019, HMD Global announced Nokia 7.2. It’s the latest mid-range smartphone that looks to continue the great value offering of Nokia 7.1. With a September release date, the handset has a price of €299 or roughly P17k when directly converted.
Nokia 7.2 Now Official
Following the leaked renders, the main feature of Nokia 7.2 is the rounded triple camera module. Within it are Zeiss-powered optics — 48MP + 8MP ultrawide + 5MP depth. That said, it comes with exclusive Zeiss features like three bokeh effects — Modern, Swirl, and Smooth. The same goes for the 20MP selfie camera (housed inside a notch) that uses Quad Pixel technology.
The typical Nokia polymer composite build is here, delivering better durability while making it lighter. While the bezels are still apparent, it’s a bit sleeker than the predecessor. One of the interesting things about Nokia 7.2 is the FHD+ display. It features Dedicated Pixelworks visual processor to upscale SDR content to HDR in real-time. You should get better color reproduction and contrast ratio out of its HDR10 support.
Nokia 7.2 is available in Cyan Green, Charcoal and Ice colors.
Nokia 7.2 specs, price, availability in the Philippines
- Display: 6.3-inch IPS LCD FHD+, teardrop notch, HDR10
- Design: polymer composite build with an aluminum frame, Corning Gorilla Glass 3(front and back), Google Assistant button, Notification LED
- CPU: Qualcomm SDM660 Snapdragon 660 (14 nm)
- GPU: Adreno 512
- RAM: 4GB/6GB
- Memory: 64GB/128 GB + dedicated microSD, up to 512GB
- Camera: Zeiss Optics 48 MP, f/1.8, (wide), 1/2″, 0.8µm, PDAF
8 MP, f/2.2, 13mm (ultrawide)
5 MP, depth sensor
- Selfie Camera: Zeiss Optics 20 MP, f/2.0
- Connectivity: 4G LTE A, Wi-Fi ac Bluetooth 5.0, EDR, LE, aptX GPS, USB Type-C, headphone jack, NFC(except Latin America, USA, and India), FM Radio
- Security: rear-mounted capacitive fingerprint scanner
- Battery: 3500 mAh, 10W standard charging
- OS: Android 9.0 Pie with Android One
- Release date: September 2019 in Europe, TBD in the Philippines
- Price: €299 or P17k (directly converted)