Nissan has unveiled the updated 2021 Nissan Navara pickup truck in South America. The new pickup truck is called Frontier in some markets while its top-performing variant is called Navara Calibre in the Philippines.
The 2021 Navara Calibre will bring a new front and rear design and now resemble more of the Titan pickup truck in the USA. It has new fog light and a new hood at the front with its taillights redesigned too. Its interior might disappoint as there are minor changes inside including the steering wheel.
Surprisingly, Nissan Motors didn’t announce any new engine and terrain options. This will leave the 2.5-liter turbo diesel engine the sole option. It may also disappoint its fans given Toyota and Ford have introduced their 200 HP-capable engines in their Hilux and Ranger pickups, respectively.
However, we will not rule out the possibility that Nissan will somehow reserve its unannounced engine for the Asian and Australian markets.
The current Nissan Navara base price is at P1-million pesos with the 2021 Calibre expected to have a small price bump.
2021 Nissan Navara Calibre specs, price, release date in the Philippines
- Body type: 4-door pickup truck, 5-seater
- Engine: 2.5-liter turbo diesel engine
- Power: 163 HP
- Torque: 403 Nm
- Transmission: 6-speed manual or automatic
- Fuel efficiency: est. maximum 14km/l highway*
- Ground clearance: 220mm
- Safety: Driver and front passenger dual SRS airbags, ABS or Anti-lock Brake System, Parking sensors and camera, ISOFIX
- Features: Touchscreen infotainment system
- Price: estimated P1.0-million base model price
- Release date: estimated Q2 2021 in the Philippines
Nissan Navara Calibre 2021 pickup truck photos