New iPad Pro 2018 tablets are the fastest, most expensive ever
Along with the new MacBook Air 2018, Apple has launched the iPad Pro refresh this 2018. Now it comes in either 11-inch or 12.9-inch models but each at smaller footprint due to reduced bezels and thinner design.
Internal hardware for both iPad Pros is the same with the Apple Bionic A12X chip paired with up to 1TB storage. The company claims that the processor is 30% faster from the previous generation iPad Pro while the graphics are as powerful as the Xbox One X console. There is no mention of RAM but we guess it is 4GB RAM.
The biggest visible changes are on the front side with the Liquid Retina screen occupying most of the space as the bezels were reduced. The FaceID similar to iPhone X replaces the TouchID. The 3.5mm audio jack is missing but the USB Type-C is present as the Lightning port is gone forever.
The two supports new Apple Pencil that wirelessly charges thru the magnet side of the tablet. Another optional accessory is a Folio keyboard that is also magnetically powered.
The iPad Pro 11-inch starts at $799 price or roughly P42,900 while the 12.9-inch iPad Pro 2018 is positioned at $999 or P53,900 Philippine pesos–all before taxes. So expect the iPad Pro 2018 11 to be available for P44k and P55k to 59k for the bigger iPad.
Pre-orders in the USA has started with release and delivery on 7th of November. Both will be available thru authorized Apple resellers in the Philippines with the end of November release.
Apple iPad Pro 2018 official specs, price, features, availability in PH
- Display: 11-inch Liquid Retina at 2388×1668 pixels IPS screen, 12.9-inch 2732×2048 pixels IPS screen
- Design: Recycled aluminum, 5.9mm thick, starting 468 grams weight
- CPU and GPU: Apple A12X BIONIC processor and graphics
- RAM: 4GB
- Storage: 64GB to 1TB
- Camera: 12MP f/1.8, 4K UHD video, 7MP f/2.2 selfie
- Connectivity: WiFi ac, Bluetooth 5.0, Optional 4G LTE Cellular with GPS, nano or eSIM
- Audio: Four speakers
- Ports: Magnetic for accessories, USB Type C 3.1
- Battery: Rated up to 10 hours continuous use
- OS: iOS 12.1
- Price: $799 or P42,900 Philippine pesos for 11-inch, $999 or P53,900 pesos for 12.9-inch before taxes
- Release date: November 7th release with pre-order on October 30th, end of November in the Philippines availability