WeChat is a social networking application that was developed in China and is gaining users all over the world. It is used as the primary social network by everyone in China, mainly because it is capable of much more than WhatsApp. Despite this, it is good to be familiar with how to change the language the WeChat interface uses.
Because hundreds of millions of people in China use it, you may occasionally need to translate your messages or write in Chinese on the mobile device that you use with Android or iOS. Continue reading to learn how to switch between languages when using WeChat.
How to Change WeChat Language to English
If the application is in Chinese, changing the language may be more difficult, but if you know which menus to access, the process will be significantly more straightforward.
TIP: You may refer to icons and logos that look connected to language.
- Open the WeChat app
- Go to the Me (我) tab in the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Click Settings (设置).
- You can choose General (通用)
- Tap on Language (多语言)
- Find English on the list and pick it. Don’t forget to tap “Done” to save the changes immediately.
WeChat Message Translation Features
WeChat is a multicultural program that allows you to translate messages into your language, regardless of the language used to send the message in the first place.
- Go to the Chats tab in the WeChat app.
- To translate a chat, tap on it.
- Tap and hold a message until a menu appears to interpret it.
- The news will be solved if you pick the Translate option to the language of your phone.
Android WeChat Chinese Keyboard
Even though Android does not have a Chinese keyboard pre-installed, it is straightforward to download one from the Google Play store.
- Open the Google Play applications.
- Search for apps using the top search bar.
- Type pinyin in the search bar and click the magnifying glass in the bottom-right corner.
- Google Pinyin Input. It should be first.
- Tap Install to download it.
- After installation, open WeChat and click Chat in the bottom-left corner.
- Tap the message box for the keyboard.
- Open the Notifications bar by swiping down from the top.
- Select the Change keyboard option.
- Choose Chinese Pinyin
iOS WeChat Chinese Keyboard
You can type in Chinese on WeChat thanks to the built-in Chinese (Pinyin) keyboard that comes standard on the iPhone and iPad.
- Go to Settings
- Click on General
- Tap on Keyboards.
- Choose New Keyboard
- Scroll down for Chinese keyboards. Chinese (Simplified) and Chinese (Traditional) will be available.
- Select your desired keyboard type.
- Tap the Done button in the upper right corner of the screen.
Now, proceed to WeChat Applications.
- Head to the Chat tab in the bottom-left corner.
- Tap on the message box to reveal the keyboard.
- Tap and hold down the globe button at the bottom-left corner of the keyboard.
- Choose the Chinese keyboard.