Government Service Insurance System (GSIS) has announced that it’s now accepting applicants nationwide for its COVID-19 Emergency Loan program. GSIS President and General Manager, Rolando Ledesma Macasaet said that “under the GSIS Emergency Loan program, our members and pensioners may take out a Php20,000-loan which is payable in three years at only 6% interest per annum. The loan is covered by an insurance, which deems the loan fully paid in case of the borrower’s demise.”
A Guide to GSIS COVID-19 Emergency Loan Program
The application can be done entirely online. You can check the requirements, qualifications of the program as well as the how-to-apply guide.
- ALL GSIS members of good standing or;
- Old-age and disability pensioners if the resulting net monthly pension after availing the loan is at least 25% of their basic monthly pension (this is to ensure that there is still considerable amount left for the pensioners’ usual monthly expenses).
Who is not qualified? – those who are on leave without pay; incurred arrears in paying the mandatory life insurance contributions; or have unpaid loans for more than six months.
- duly-accomplished Emergency Loan application form (downloadable here);
- picture or scanned copy of the borrower’s GSIS electronic card (eCard) or Unified Multi-Purpose Identification (UMID) card (if neither is available, submit two valid IDs);
- photo of the borrower holding the filled-out application form;
1. Download the linked Emergency Loan application form and complete the necessary information;
2. Send the duly-accomplished Emergency Loan application form to your designated GSIS’ email address:
- NCR including Quezon City and Cavite – [email protected]
- North Luzon – [email protected]
- South Luzon – [email protected]
- Visayas – [email protected]
- Mindanao – [email protected]
3. Wait for confirmation or check the borrower’s eCard or UMID card as loan proceeds are electronically credited.
In case you can’t submit an application online, active members with UMID cards may also apply through the GSIS Wireless Automated Processing System (GWAPS) kiosk located in all GSIS branch and extension offices; provincial capitols; city halls; selected municipal offices; large government agencies such as the Department of Education; Robinsons Malls; and selected SM City branches in North EDSA, Manila, Pampanga, Cebu, SM Aura in Taguig, SM Southmall in Las Piñas, and Mall of Asia in Pasay City. Whichever is available near you.
If you have any questions, you can contact GSIS through its several available channels:
- GSIS Facebook account;
- send email to [email protected];
- call the GSIS contact center at 8847.4747 if in Metro Manila or 1-800-8-847-4747 (for Globe and TM subscribers) and 1-800-10-847-4747 (for Smart, Sun, and Talk ‘N Text subscribers).