The Asus ROG GX700VO is a gaming monster that could match gaming desktops in terms of specs. It is powered by an overclockable 6th gen. Intel Core-i7 6820HK chip, DDR4 RAM (max at 64GB), and discrete Nvidia GTX 980 graphics card–only possible with a dedicated liquid-cooling system. But according to Asus, the laptop itself could still handle a few level of heat dissipation while overclocked.
- CPU overclocking up to 48% performance increase
- GPU up to 43%
- RAM up to 31%
Anyone could enjoy high fps game experience too with the 4K UHD native resolution on the matt 17″ IPS LCD display. The keyboard is backlit with 30-key rollover feature.
The Asus ROG GX700VO is not for the faint-hearted. It’s for the elite and pro gamers that can afford its official SRP at P249,995 pesos including the liquid-cooling unit and travelling case. The number of units is limited to 20 only.
For that price, the Asus ROG GX700VO easily beats the top configurations of the Razer Pro and Alienware 17 and 18.
Asus ROG GX700VO Specs, Price PH, Features
- Display: 17″ 4K (3840 x 2160p) matte IPS LCD
- Size: 429 x 309 x 33-35 cm, 3.6kg without liquid-cooling dock
- Chip: Intel Core i7-6820HK
- Processor: 4 cores/8 threads CPU 2.7GHz base up to 3.6GHz for single core overclocking and 3.2GHz for quad-core overclocking
- GPU: Intel HD 530 graphics, overclockable discrete Nvidia GTX 980 card
- Memory: up to 512GB SSD storage
- RAM: overclockable max 64GB DDR4 2133MHz to 2800MHz
- Keyboard: anti-ghosting backlit with 30-key rollover
- Battery: 96Whr
- Audio: Sonic Studio, Sonic Audio, built-in headphone DAC and amplifier
- OS: Windows 10 Pro
- Release: March 2016, Available in authorized Asus partner stores
- Price: P249,995 with Hydro Liquid-cooling System