Oppo unveiled two new Neo smartphones coming this 2015 in Philippines: the Neo 5 and Neo 5s; with ‘s’ as the distinct branding difference between the two.
The Neo 5s comes with 4G LTE radio and Snapdragon 410 chipset while Neo 5 is stuck at 3.5G and MediaTek 6582. Both chips are quadcore, with S410 having quad Cortex A53 at 1.2GHz and MT6582 on quad Cortex A7 at 1.3GHz.
Both Neos come with 1GB RAM, 8GB memory expandable via microSD, and 4.5-inch IPS 854×480 pixel display. The two have 8MP snapper with LED flash on back and 2MP snapper on front. There is also a 2000mAh battery powering each device, which doesn’t sound like much but I guess would be enough considering the display and chipset of the two.
Oppo is yet to release the official availability date and price.
Oppo Neo 5, Neo 5S specs
- 4.5-inch FWVGA IPS display, 854×480 pixels
- 8mm thin, 135g weight
- Anti-scratch glass protection
- Snapdragon 410 (Neo 5S), MediaTek6582 (Neo 5) chip
- 1GB RAM, 8GB internal, 32/128GB micoSD card slot
- 8MP main camera, LED flash
- 2MP front facing cam
- WiFi n, Bt 4.0, 4G LTE (Neo 5S)
- 2000mAh battery
- Android 4.4.4 KitKat
- Dark blue, white with reflective body
Related comparisons and videos:
- LG G4 Dual LTE Philippines variant review
- LG G4 vs Zenfone 2 comparison
- LG G4 vs Samsung Galaxy S6 comparison
- LG G4 first unboxing of Dual LTE variant Philippines
- Asus Zenfone 2 vs Lenovo K3 Note Camera comparison