AT&T and Samsung announced the rugged Samsung Galaxy S6 Active. It’s currently exclusive to the said carrier in USA, while no words about release date and price for Philippines.
The Galaxy S6 Active is submersible up to 1.5 meters and its camouflage protective body casing can resist dust, and absorb heat or shock.
For starters, the rest of the specs are mostly the same from the Samsung Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge, except the Active is more reliable outdoors with its 3500mAh battery, up from 2640mAh of two former devices.
Samsung Galaxy S6 Active specs
- 5.1 QHD SuperAMOLED display (2556×1440 pixels)
- Gorilla Glass 4
- IP68 certified
- MIL-STD-810G certified (salt, dust, thermal, shock, solar radiation, rain, humidity, transport, vibration)
- Exynos 7420 octacore chipset (quad A53 Cotex, quad A57 cortex)
- MaliT760 graphics card
- 3GB RAM, 32GB storage, no microSD slot
- 16MP auto focus, auto HDR camera, LED flash with CSS, 2K HD video
- 5MP front facing camera
- GPS, GLONASS, WiFi ac, LTE, dual-SIM, Bt 4.1, NFC, Wireless Charging built-in, Fingerprint sensor, MHL
- 3500mAh battery
- Google Android 5.0 Lollipop
- Camouflage white, blue, gray colors
Related comparisons and videos:
- LG G4 Dual LTE Philippines variant review
- LG G4 vs Zenfone 2 comparison
- LG G4 vs Samsung Galaxy S6 comparison
- LG G4 first unboxing of Dual LTE variant Philippines
- Asus Zenfone 2 vs Lenovo K3 Note Camera comparison