During an event held in Spain, Xiaomi launched the global version of Mi CC9, the Xiaomi Mi 9 Lite. The phone has a starting price of €319 (~P18k) for the base model (4GB/64GB), with the 6GB/128GB model retailing for €349 (~P20k). Price and availability in the Philippines remain to be seen. That said, let’s check out the specs.
Xiaomi Mi 9 Lite Now Official: Global Version of Xiaomi Mi CC9
Xiaomi Mi 9 Lite sports a Snapdragon 710 chipset with UFS 2.1 storage. It supports microSD slot expansion via the hybrid dual-SIM tray. Like most mid-range phones in 2019, there are three cameras on the back — 48MP f1.7, 8MP f2.2 ultrawide, and 2MP f2.4 depth. In the case of selfie camera, it uses a 32MP f2.0 sensor housed inside the teardrop notch. The rest of the display is a 6.39″ FHD+ AMOLED panel with Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection. Old school users will surely love the availability of a headphone jack and infrared sensor.
Now that the Mi 9 Lite is official, Android enthusiasts will be sad to know that it runs on Xiaomi’s MIUI 10 skin. Some were hoping that the phone would be part of Android One Program, given that the global version of Mi CC9, the Mi A3, launched with stock Android.
Xiaomi Mi 9 Lite specs, price, availability in the Philippines
- Display: 6.39-inch Super AMOLED Full HD+ with HDR, teardrop notch
- Design: Gorilla Glass 5, metal rails, glass back
- CPU: Snapdragon 710 (10nm)
- GPU: Adreno 616 graphics
- RAM: 4GB/6GB
- Memory: 64GB, 128GB expandable via microSD
- Camera: 48 MP, f/1.7, (wide), 1/2″, 0.8µm, PDAF + 8 MP, (ultrawide) + 2 MP, depth sensor, up to 4K video recording
- Connectivity: 4G LTE A, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS, USB Type-C, NFC, headphone jack, IR port
- Security: On-screen fingerprint scanner
- Battery: 4030 mAh, Quick Charge 18W
- OS: Android 9.0 Pie with MIUI 10
- Release date: September 20, 2019, Europe, TBD Philippines
- Price: €319 (~P18k) – €349 (~P20k)