Because smartphone manufactures can put “Pro” in any product that they release, Xiaomi is now introducing the Black Shark Pro 2 gaming smartphone (12GB/128GB)with a staggering price of CNY 2999 or roughly P22k Philippine peso. While the 12GB/256GB model costs only CNY 3999 or nearly P30k.
Xiaomi Black Shark 2 Pro Now Official
To sum up, the improvements of the Black Shark 2 Pro when compared to the Black Shark 2 just got a whole lot gamer-y. First and foremost, it now uses the latest Snapdragon 855+ chipset with a speedy UFS 3.0 internal storage. Xiaomi also claims improved latency, previously 43.5ms but now 34.7ms only (partly due to 240Hz touch rate). There’s also a small change in design aesthetic, featuring two more RGB LED lights on the back and improved grip for gaming.
One of the biggest additions on the Black Shark 2 Pro is the number of colors. Aside from the original silver and green models, there will now be blue/orange, orange/black, and purple models, dubbed as Fantasy Edition colors. Three more models in partnership with LNG eSports, a Chinese eSports team, are said to be revealed.
As for the rest of the specs, you can expect nearly the same story from the Black Shark 2. There’s no fancy 120Hz screen nor added gaming accessories like the ROG Phone 2. The device is now available in China, with no exact date for global release.
Xiaomi Black Shark 2 Pro specs, price, release date in the Philippines
- Display: 6.39-inch AMOLED FHD+, Always-on display, 100% DICI-P3, 240hz touch rate
- Design: metal body
- CPU: Qualcomm Snapdragon 855+ (7 nm)
- GPU: Adreno 640
- RAM: 12GB
- Memory: 128GB/256GB
- Camera: 48 MP, f/1.8, (wide), 1/2″, 0.8µm, PDAF
13 MP, f/2.2, (telephoto), 1.0µm, PDAF, 2x optical zoom
- Selfie: 20 MP, f/2.0, 0.9µm
- Connectivity: 4G LTE Wi-Fi ac, BT 5.0, GPS, USB Type-C
- Battery: non-removable 4000mAh with 27W fast charging
- Security: in-screen fingerprint scanner
- OS: Android 9.0 Pie
- Release date: Philippines availability TBD
- Price: CNY 2999 or P22k Philippine peso – CNY 3999 or P30k