Vivo has managed to beat all mobile phone brands today (except for Meizu) by launching the Vivo Apex 2019 concept phone featuring a button-less design equipped with a beastly Snapdragon 855 chipset and 5G connectivity.
It also features a 6.4-inch OLED display with an all-screen Under Display Fingerprint sensor and force-sensitive sides in order to replace the missing buttons. Other specs include a 12GB RAM and up to 512GB storage while the main camera is a 12MP + 13MP dual lens setup.
There is no word for the selfie sensor, Vivo might probably dropping it and will be using the reflective back like a mirror.
Unlike the Meizu Zero that will be launched in China sometime in February or March, the Vivo Apex 2019 is exclusive as a prototype and concept phone. It means it is not ready for consumers and will be available in limited quantities.
Of course, pricing is also unknown but expect it to be around $1000 USD when Vivo finally launches it.
Vivo Apex 2019 concept phone specs, price, availability in the Philippines
- Display: 6.4-inch Full HD+ AMOLED, Gorilla Glass
- Design: No buttons, No ports all-glass design
- CPU: Snapdragon 855 octa-core processor
- GPU: Adreno 640 graphics
- RAM: 12GB RAM
- Memory: 512GB
- Camera: 12MP + 13MP telephoto dual-camera, 4K video
- Selfie: not available
- Connectivity: Magnetic ports for charging and data transfer, GPS, 5G, WiFi ac, NFC
- Battery: TBA est. 3400 mAh
- Charging: Magnetic ports
- Security: all screen Under Display Fingerprint scanner
- Colors: Silver
- Release date: Concept phone, not available for consumers
- Price: TBA, est. $1000 USD