Samsung has officially unfolded their event in San Francisco announcing the Samsung Galaxy S10 series and the new Samsung Galaxy Fold which comes with foldable hybrid tablet-phone design.
The Samsung Galaxy Fold was been introduced last year as a prototype but only today it became official as well as its specs and whopping $1980 price or roughly P103,000 Philippine pesos.
In terms of hardware specs, the Galaxy Fold has a 4.6-inch display outside when folded. When opened, a flexible 7.3-inch AMOLED screen greets you in a 4.2:3 aspect ratio. Inside is a Snapdragon 855 octa-core AI processor, 12GB RAM, 512GB storage, and a dual-battery with 4380 mAh total capacity.
For multimedia use, there is a 12MP triple camera at the back, dual selfie on the tablet mode inside, and a single 10MP selfie outside when folded.
Despite the pricing, Samsung has promised that they will launch a more affordable foldable smartphone, perhaps when the technology behind it becomes cheaper. On the other hand, the Galaxy Fold will become available first in the USA and select countries like South Korea in Asia by April 2019 for $1980 USD.
Samsung Galaxy Fold 2019 specs, price, release date in the Philippines
- Display: 4.6-inch outside AMOLED outside screen, 7.3-inch foldable inside screen
- Design: Glass and Metal
- CPU: Qualcomm SDM855 Snapdragon 855 (7 nm), AI processor
- GPU: Adreno 640 graphics
- RAM: 12GB RAM
- Memory: 512GB
- Camera: 12 MP, f/1.5-2.4, 26mm (wide), 1/2.55″, 1.4µm, Dual Pixel PDAF, OIS + 16 MP ultra-wide angle f/2.2, 12MP telephoto
- Selfie: Dual 10 MP + depth sensor, f/1.9, Dual Pixel PDAF, up to 4K @ 30fps video recording, 10MP front selfie outside
- Connectivity: 4G LTE-A, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS, NFC, WiFi ax, USB Type-C, audio jack with 32-bit support
- Battery: 4300 mAh, Quick Charge
- Security: side-mounted fingerprint scanner
- OS: Android 9.0 Pie with One UI, Multi-window mode
- Release date: April 2019 in the USA, South Korea and select countries, Philippines TBA
- Price: $1980 or P103,000 Philippine pesos