Along with the Samsung Galaxy M20, is a new midrange called Galaxy A50 that will be released in February to March of 2019. It is the successor to the Galaxy A5 series and it will sport premium features like the Galaxy A8s and the same as to the Galaxy S10.
The rumored specs of the upcoming Samsung Galaxy A50 includes a 4,000 mAh battery compared to the 5000 mAh of the Galaxy M20. There will be a 24MP main camera at the back likely paired with a depth sensor.
One new thing that will be coming to Samsung Galaxy midrange devices is the in-display or Under Display fingerprint sensor.
There is no definite release date and pricing for the Galaxy A50 aside from a Samsung event that will be held at the end of February in Barcelona. So it is very likely that the Korean company will launch the Galaxy A50 and Galaxy M20 in different markets starting March of 2019 including in the Philippines.
Samsung Galaxy A50 specs, price, availability in the Philippines
- Display: 6-inch Full HD+ Super AMOLED
- Design: Gorilla Glass and metal frame
- CPU: Exynos 7 9610 octa-core midrange processor
- RAM: 4GB
- Memory: 128GB expandable with microSD (est.)
- Camera: 24MP main + 5MP depth sensor for bokeh, 1080p video
- Selfie: 12MP front-facing
- Connectivity: 4G LTE, Bluetooth 4.2, WiFi ac, GPS
- Security: Under Display (UD) Fingerprint sensor
- Battery: 4000 mAh with Fast Charging
- OS: Android 9.0 Pie, TouchWiz UI
- Colors: Black, Gold, Gradient Blue
- Price: est. $400 USD or P20,000+ before taxes
- Release date: February to March 2019 availability