Xioami’s subbrand Redmi has launched two new gaming phones: Redmi K20 and K20 Pro. Both have powerful processors and budget pricing and will become available in China this month while global release for the Philippines and India will follow.
The major difference of Redmi K20 vs the K20 Pro is the Snapdragon 730 processor and slower 18W Quick Charge support. It is priced P14k before taxes for the 6GB and 64GB storage while the Redmi K20 Pro retails for P19k for the 6GB version.
The camera setup is similar with motorized 20MP selfie shooter and 48MP Sony IMX sensor paired with a 13MP wide angle and 8MP telephoto.
Redmi K20 and K20 Pro gaming phones specs, price, availability in the Philippines
- Display: 6.4-inch all-screen AMOLED and Super AMOLED Full HD+
- Design: Gorilla Glass 2 and polycarbonate
- CPU: Snapdragon 730 or 855 octa-core AI processor, Turbo for gaming
- GPU: Adreno graphics
- RAM: 6GB or 8GB
- Memory: 64GB, 128GB, 256GB expandable
- Camera: 48MP Sony triple sensor + 13MP wide angle lens + 8MP telephoto
- Connectivity: 4G LTE A, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS, USB Type-C
- Security: On-screen fingerprint scanner
- Battery: 4000 mAh, Quick Charge 18W or 27W
- OS: Android 9.0 Pie
- Release date: June 2019 in China, Philippine availability in July or August
- Price: Redmi K20 Pro starting price at P19k pesos for 6GB RAM model or $380 USD before taxes, Redmi K20 estimated at P14k price base model before taxes