It appears as we get closer to the 3rd quarter of the year, more and more MediaTek-powered devices get announced. Just this month, about five Dimensity-powered phones were revealed, including the upcoming POCO M3 Pro 5G. The sixth and latest phone is the realme X7 Max 5G with Dimensity 1200 that starts at INR26,999 (~₱17,700) for the 8/128GB variant. The 12/256GB, on the other hand, costs INR29,999(~₱19,700). Indicated Philippine pricing is rough conversions only.
realme X7 Max targets the affordable flagship-class performance market or the premium mid-range segment, depending on where you live. The 6.43″ Super AMOLED screen supports both 120Hz refresh rate and up to 1000 nits peak brightness but uses Dragontrail Glass instead of Gorilla Glass from Corning. Another area where realme had to cut costs is the build, choosing plastic frame and back over glass material. Regardless, the device can survive water splashes.
At the back of the realme X7 Max is three cameras, headlined by a 64MP sensor and assisted by an 8MP ultrawide and a 2MP macro. The biggest sensor can record up to [email protected], which is impressive for an affordable flagship-level phone. On the front is a 16MP selfie sensor.
realme didn’t mind bringing stereo speakers and a 3.55mm audio jack for the X7 Max 5G, as well as the 50W fast charging and 2.5W reverse wired charging for the 4500mAh battery.
realme X7 Max 5G will go up for sale in India via Flipkart and other online/offline retailers starting June 4th. There’s no news yet if realme will release the device outside India.
realme X7 Max 5G specs, price, availability in the Philippines
- Display: 6.43″ Super AMOLED 120Hz, 1000 nits peak
- Design: Dragontrail glass front, polycarbonate frame and back
- Dimension and Weight: 158.5 x 73.3 x 8.4 mm, 179g
- Chipset: MediaTek MT6893 Dimensity 1200 5G (6 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (1×3.0 GHz Cortex-A78 & 3×2.6 GHz Cortex-A78 & 4×2.0 GHz Cortex-A55)
- GPU: Mali-G77 MC9
- RAM: 8/12GB
- Storage: 128GB/256GB UFS 3.1, non-expandable
- Main Camera: 64 MP, f/1.8, 26mm (wide), 1/1.73″, 0.8µm, PDAF
8 MP, f/2.3, 16mm, 119˚ (ultrawide), 1/4.0″, 1.12µm
2 MP, f/2.4, (macro) | video up to [email protected] with EIS
- Selfie Camera: 16 MP, f/2.5, 26mm (wide), 1/3.0″, 1.0µm | video up to [email protected]
- Connectivity & Ports: dual-5G, 4G/LTE, Wi-Fi 6, Bluetooth 5.1, USB-C, NFC, 3.55 jack
- Security: in-display scanner, face unlock
- Battery: 4500mAh(50W, 2.5W reverse wired)
- Audio: stereo speakers, 24-bit, aptX HD
- OS: Android 11, Realme UI 2.0
- Colors: Mercury Silver, Asteroid Black, Milky Way
- Price: INR26,999 (~₱17,700) and INR29,999(~₱19,700)
- Availability: June 2021 (India)