One of the best budget phones last year was Realme C1. This year, the company looks to improve upon it with the upcoming release of Realme C2. With the company promoting the entry-level phone as the #RealEntryLevelKing, one can hope that the price might arrive not more than P5,990. That said, here’s what you can expect from it.
Realme C2 is the #RealEntryLevelKing
According to Realme’s website, Realme C2 is listed to come in two colors — Diamond Black and Diamond Blue. The moniker says it all as the polycarbonate back features a 3D-like diamond design. With no fingerprint scanner in sight, it seems like the only way to unlock the phone is via the selfie camera.
Speaking of, the Gorilla Glass-protected 6.1-inch HD+ display has a dewdrop notch housing a 5MP selfie sensor. While the main camera is commanded by a 13MP f2.2 + 2MP f2.2 dual setup — complete with slow-mo, bokeh, and Chroma Boost.
As for the performance, a MediaTek Helio P22 is found inside Realme 2 with 2GB/16GB and 3GB/32GB configuration, along with the addition of expandable storage of up to 256GB. Lastly, the battery is rated at 4000mAH. Oh! And there’s an audio jack.
Given the Realme C1 went official for P5,990, we expect its successor to be priced starting at P5,490 or even less. While the higher-end model could arrive at P5,990.
Realme C2 Full Specs, Philippine pricing, and release date
- Display: 6.2-inch IPS LCD, 720 x 1520
- Dimensions: 73.7mm x 154.3mm x 8.5mm, 166g
- OS: Android 9.0 (Pie) with ColorOS OS 6
- Chipset: MediaTek Helio P22 (12nm)
- GPU: PowerVR GE8320
- Memory & Storage: 2GB/3GB, 16GB/32GB + expandable storage via microSD of up to 256GB
- Rear Camera: 13 MP f2.2+ 2 MP f2.2
- Front Camera: 5MP
- Battery: Non-removable Li-Ion 4000 mAh battery
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11 /b/g/n/, WiFi Direct, hotspot, BT 4.2, A2DP, LE, microUSB 2.0, headphone jack
- Price: ~estimated to start at P5,490