realme launched the second 5G-ready smartphone in the 8 series – the realme 8s 5G.
The realme 8s 5G is the first smartphone to use the Dimensity 810 SoC. It also features a 6.5-inch IPS LCD, a triple rear camera setup, and packs a 5,000mAh battery that supports 33W Dart Charge fast charging. Additionally, it will be available in Universe Blue, and Universe Purple colors.
realme 8s 5G specs:
- Network: 4G LTE/5G
- Display: 6.5-inch 2.5D curved LCD FHD+ (2400 x 1080), 90Hz refresh rate
- Dimensions & Weight: 162.5 x 74.8 x 8.8 mm, 191g
- OS: realme UI 2.0 (Android 11)
- Chipset: MediaTek Dimensity 810 5G
- GPU: Mali-G57 MC2
- Memory: 6GB/8GB LPDDR4X (with Dynamic RAM expansion), 128GB UFS 2.1 storage
- Sensors: Side-mounted fingerprint scanner, Face unlock
- Main Camera (Triple): 64MP (main), 2MP (macro), 2MP (depth)
- Front/Selfie Camera: 16MP
- Connectivity: WiFi 802.11 b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 5.1, dual-SIM, NFC, GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, QZSS, BeiDou
- Port: USB-C
- Battery: 5,000mAh with 33W fast charging
Pricing and Availability
- realme 8s 5G (6GB + 128GB) – Rs 17,999 (Php12,228 if converted)
- realme 8s 5G (8GB + 128GB) – Rs 19,999 (Php13,587 if converted)
The first sale of the device is on September 13, 2021. There’s no word if it will be available in the country soon.