It seems like the Huawei P30 Pro has no choice but to share the spotlight with a fellow Chinese brand. After getting heavily teased and leaked, OPPO finally made the Reno 10X Zoom official in China– featuring flagship-grade specs and a periscope camera that’s been making headlines for the past few days. Let’s dive into the features and specs.
OPPO Reno 10X Zoom with periscope camera
The flagship OPPO Reno features a triple main camera setup — headlined by the 48MP Sony IMX586 sensor + 13MP periscope setup + 8MP ultrawide sensor. With it, you can video record up to 4K @ 60fps along with 3D surround sound effect thru three built-in microphones. As for the selfie camera, it packs a 16MP sensor in the mechanical shark fin pop-up together with the LED flash and earpiece.
With a 93.1% screen-to-body ratio, the OPPO Reno 10X Zoom edition boasts its 6.6-inch OLED display that’s also protected with Corning Gorilla Glass 6. With no capacitive sensors in sight, biometric security is handled by an under-screen fingerprint scanner, claimed to be 28.5% faster than the brand’s previous iterations.
Spec-wise, it sports a Snapdragon 855 that is paired with up to 8GB RAM and 256GB internal storage. Phone longevity won’t disappoint with a 4065mAh battery capacity inside with support for Super VOOC 3.0 fast charging. The OPPO Reno runs on ColorOS 6 based on Android 9.0 Pie featuring Game Boost 2.0 for optimal gaming performance.
In China, the OPPO Reno 10X Zoom has a price of 3999 yuan (~P30,800) for the 6GB/128GB variant, 4499 yuan (~P34,700) for the 256GB model, and 4799 yuan (~P37,300) for the 8GB/256GB model. The company didn’t reveal the release date, but we should expect the phone to arrive as early as May, (hopefully) including the Philippines. You should also check out the standard edition of OPPO Reno that launched at Php23k.
Oppo Reno 10X Zoom official specs, price, availability in the Philippines
- Display: FullView 6.6-inch OLED FHD+, DCI-P3, Corning Gorilla Glass 6
- Design: metal and glass, mechanical shark fin-style pop-up selfie
- CPU: Snapdragon 855 octa-core AI processor
- GPU: Adreno 640 graphics
- RAM: 6GB, 8GB
- Memory: 128GB, 256GB non-expandable UFS 2.1 storage?
- Camera: 48MP Sony IMX586 sensor + 13MP zoom/periscope setup + 8MP ultrawide sensor
- Selfie: 16MP front sensor
- Connectivity: 4G LTE-A Wi-Fi ac, BT 5.0, GPS, USB Type-C
- Battery: non-removable 4065mAh with Super VOOC Ultra Fast Charging (click for test/review)
- Security: On-screen fingerprint scanner
- OS: Android 9.0 Pie with ColorOS 6.0
- Release date: Philippines availability est. May 2019
- Price: 3999 yuan or P30,000 starting price for base model up to 4799 yuan or P37,300