HMD Global has started teasing its fans with the arrival of the flagship Penta-lens Nokia 9 Pureview and the mid-range punch hole Nokia 6.2 smartphones. The two AndroidOne devices are expected to be launched at MWC 2019 in Barcelona this end of February.
The Nokia 9 or the first ever Pureview for HMD has been one of the hot topics in mobile sphere with its alleged Penta Cameras featuring the Carl Zeiss optics. It’s a unique and revolutionary phone if indeed these leaks are true. Other features include a Snapdragon 855 chipset.
The Nokia 6.2 2019, on the other hand, is a mid-range successor to the Nokia 6 series. It’s rumored to feature a punch hole, all-screen display similar to the Samsung Galaxy A8s. However, HMD may position the phone at a lower price to compete with the likes of Huawei Nova 4.
Once announced in MWC, the phones will become available starting March of 2019 with the release date for Asian markets including in the Philippines to follow after China.
Nokia 9 rumored specs, price, release date in the Philippines
- Display: 5.9-inch QHD display, AMOLED, HDR
- Design: Gorilla Glass 5 and aluminum/metal frame
- CPU: Snapdragon 845 or 855 processor
- GPU: Adreno 630 or 640 graphics
- RAM: 8GB RAM
- Storage: 128GB to 256GB internal memory
- Camera: Penta-lens Pureview cameras (Standard, Wide-angle, Telephoto, Black and White, Depth sensor), Carl Zeiss Optics
- Connectivity: 4G LTE, WiFi ac, Bluetooth 5.0, NFC, GPS
- Battery: Quick Charge 4.0
- Price: $899 or P44,990 Philippine pesos (est. after taxes)
- Release Date: March to April 2019 in the Philippines