After the release of the Nokia 3, 5 and 6 this year, HMD Global introduces its new addition to the family, the Nokia 8. The Nokia 8 was officially launched today and is said to have upgraded camera, audio features, a bit cheaper flagship price and more. So let’s look at the improvements below.
More Nokia reviews and comparisons
- Nokia 6 gets P11k Price in the Philippines, Available with Nokia 5 and 3 in June
- Galaxy J7 Pro vs Moto G5S Plus vs Nokia 6 specs, price comparison
Nokia 8 Key Specs and Features
The Nokia 8 sports a 5.3-inch 2K LCD IPS display. With the device’s metal unibody design, there are four colors made available. The first two are polished blue and polished copper while the latter two, tempered blue and steel have a matte finish.
Speaking of hardware, the smartphone is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 processor. The Nokia 8 offers two variants: 4GB RAM/64GB ROM and 6GB RAM/128GB ROM. HMD said that the device would be among the first ones to get the Android O update.
Improved camera with Bothie feature
The Nokia 8 features a dual rear camera setup of a 13MP Colour sensor with OIS + 13MP monochrome sensor. On the other side as a front snapper is a 13MP. HMD’s first flagship also has bokeh effect options and ZEISS optics as well.
Speaking of the camera, Nokia 8’s new feature Bothie allows Dual-Sight video. In which, through the Dual-Sight, users could use the front and rear camera at the same time. Pretty neat for video bloggers and travelers indeed.
Ozo Audio for high-quality sound
In addition to the improved camera, the Nokia 8 also has its Ozo Audio. It allows 360 degrees sound to be captured by three microphones. The Ozo Audio simply makes live-streaming more hype since it brings audio experience to the next level, even on 4K videos.
Nonetheless, the Nokia 8 is expected to roll out at the price of Euro 599, roughly P35,000. The global release date is slated for September this year but India is set to have the release on October, and hopefully the same for the Philippines.
Nokia 8 Full Specs, Philippine pricing, Release date
- Display: 5.3-inch 2K LCD IPS display
- Design: Metal Unibody design, Splashproof IP54 touch
- CPU: Qualcomm Snapdragon 835, octa-core
- GPU: Adreno 540 graphics
- OS: Android Nougat 7.1.1
- RAM: 4 or GB RAM/64GB ROM, expandable up to 256GB
- Camera: 13MP (Colour + OIS) + 13MP (Mono), 1.12um, f/2.0, 76.9˚, PDAF, IR range finder, dual tone flash
- Selfie: 13MP PDAF, 1.12um, f/2.0, 78.4˚, display flash
- Connectivity: WiFi ac, Bluetooth 5.0, Dual SIM 4G LTE-A, OZO 360 audio
- Security: Fingerprint scanner
- Battery: 3,090mAh battery, Quick Charge™ 3.0
- Color: Polished Blue, Polished Copper, Tempered Blue, and Steel
- Release Date: September 2017 in Europe, October in India/Philippines
- Price: 599 Euros, PHP 35,000 SRP