During the Mobile World Congress 2015 in Barcelona on Sunday, HTC has finally launched its new One flagship – the HTC One M9 that has been prominently anticipated by many spectators.
“HTC has built its reputation on challenging expectations in the mobile industry. The HTC One M9 accomplishes this once again with stunning elegance and design, combined with smart features that help bring your world to life, connecting you in a deeper way to the things you consider most important. So much more than just a phone, the HTC One M9 is an extension of who you are,” said HTC Chairwoman, Cher Wang during the launch.
The new device that comes in an all-metal unibody design will be available in four color variants: the dual tone Silver and Rose Gold, single-tone Gunmetal Grey, single tone Gold, and dual tone Gold and Pink colours.
It will run in Android 5.0 Lollipop, backed by the 64-bit Qualcomm Snapdragon 810 octa-core (quad-core 2GHz + quad-core 1.5GHz) processor coupled with 3GB of RAM and offers 32GB inbuilt storage further expandable up to 128GB via microSD card.
Following its predecessor HTC One (M8), some similar features may be noted just like the 5-inch full-HD (1080×1920 pixels) display, and One family’s iconic dual front-facing speakers and BoomSound with Dolby Audio and 5.1 channel Dolby Surround sound simulation. The handset also supports 24-bit high-definition sound quality.
But the company’s new flagship boasts new features as follows:
- 20-megapixel autofocus rear camera (with sapphire cover lens, BSI sensor, f/2.2 aperture, dual-LED flash) and 4K video recording
- 4-UltraPixel front-camera
- Preloaded with HTC’s Eye Experience software enhancements and Zoe app
- Connectivity options include Bluetooth 4.1, Wi-Fi 802.11a/b/g/n/ac, NFC, GLONASS, GPS/ A-GPS, Micro-USB, GPRS/ EDGE, 3G, and LTE
- Features ambient light, proximity, accelerometer, gyroscope, compass, magnetic, and sensor hub, while it supports single Nano-SIM cards.
- 2840mAh battery (slightly larger than the One (M8) with 2600mAh battery)
The price detail is yet to be announced, but the HTC One M9 is expected to be available globally starting mid-March.