Honor earlier unveiled its latest 70 Series of smartphones in China, starting with the base Honor 70 5G. It sports a curved 6.67-inch FHD+ OLED panel with a 120Hz refresh rate, 100% DCI-P3 color gamut, 10-bit 10.7 billion colors HDR 10, and up to 1000 nits brightness.
Powering it is the 6nm Snapdragon 778+ 5G octa-core processor, paired with Adreno 642L GPU, up to 12GB of RAM, up to 256GB of storage, and a 4800mAh battery with support to 66W SuperCharge technology.
Camera-wise, it uses a triple rear camera setup consisting of a 54MP Sony IMX800 main sensor, a 50MP ultra-wide shooter, and a 2MP depth helper. Upfront is a 32MP selfie snapper.
HONOR 70 5G specs:
- Network: 5G, 4G LTE
- Display: 6.67-inch FHD+ (2400 x 1080) OLED curved, 395ppi, 120Hz refresh rate, 100% DCI-P3 color gamut, 10-bit 10.7 billion colors HDR 10, up to 1000 nits brightness
- OS: Magic UI 6.1, Android 12
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 778+ 5G (6nm)
- GPU: Adreno 642L
- Memory: 8GB/12GB RAM, 256GB/512GB storage
- Security: In-display fingerprint sensor
- Rear Camera: 50MP f/1.9 (main), Sony IMX800 1/1.49″
50MP f/2.2 (ultra-wide)
2MP f/2.4 (depth)
- Front/Selfie Camera: 32MP f/2.4
- Connectivity: WiFi 6. Bluetooth 5.2, GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS, QZSS, NFC, Dual-SIM
- Audio: Stereo speakers
- Port(s): USB Type-C
- Battery: 4,800mAh with 66W SuperCharge
- Dimensions & Weight: 161.4 x 73.3 x 7.9 mm; 178 g
Pricing and Availability
- 8GB + 256GB – CNY 2,699 (~PHP 21,252)
- 12GB + 256GB – CNY 2,999 (~PHP 23,614)
- 12GB + 512GB – CNY 3,399 (~PHP 26,764)
The Honor 70 5G is now available for pre-order in China and will go on sale starting June 7. No word yet for global availability.