After launching the Asus Zenfone 3 Max more than a month ago, it seems the Taiwanese giant is preparing to launch a beefier variant which is likely to be released later this year.
The new model we’re talking is the Asus Zenfone 3 Max ZC553KL, a few notches higher to the Zenfone 3 Laser with ZC551KL branding. Both share some specs too like the laser focus assistance and along with the main selling point of 4100mAh battery found from the Zenfone 3 Max ZC520TL model.
- Zenfone 3 Max ZC520TL vs ZC553KL Specs Comparison
- Asus Zenfone 3 Review
- Samsung Galaxy C5 vs Asus Zenfone 3
Other features to look forward on the Zenfone 3 Max ZC553KL is the new 16MP f2.0 camera that’s pretty the same to the vanilla Zenfone 3 model. The display is now wider and packs more pixels, thanks to the 5.5-inch Full HD 1080p IPS LCD with no mention on Gorilla Glass proofing.
There’s also an addition of Rose Gold color and rounded camera hump and fingerprint sensor design on the same metal build of the smaller Zenfone 3.
The hardware inside is a Snapdragon 430 octa-core with Adreno 430 graphics, 32GB internal storage, and options of 2/3GB RAM.
Looking at the specs alone, the Asus Zenfone 3 Max ZC553KL sits between the Asus Zenfone 3 Laser and Zenfone 3 ZE552KL. So expect an official retail price of around $300 or P13,995 to P14,995 pesos for ZC553KL model here in the Philippines.
We also noticed that the Zenfone 3 Max ZC553KL is planned to be launched in India, Indonesia, Hong Kong (and China), Taiwan, Philippines, Japan, Middle East, and other European countries based on the cellular band listing.
We will only find out if the posting on Asus’ website is final once they officially announced the new Zenfone 3 Max.
Asus Zenfone 3 Max ZC553KL official photos, colors
Asus Zenfone 3 Max ZC553KL Full specs, Official price, Release date in the Philippines
- Display: 5.5-inch Full HD 1080p LCD IPS, 401 ppi
- Design: Metal casing, 2.5D curved scratch-resistant glass
- Size: 8.3 mm, 175g weight
- CPU: Snapdragon 430 chip with octa-core Cortex A53 processor, 1.4GHz speed
- GPU: Adreno 505 graphics
- RAM: 2/3GB
- Memory: 32GB internal storage, microSD up to 128GB (hybrid)
- Camera: 16MP f2.0, laser focus, 1080p video, LED flash, HDR
- Selfie: 8MP f2.2, 1080p video
- Connectivity: 4G LTE, dual-SIM (hybrid), GPS, WiFi n, Bluetooth 4.1, gyroscope
- Ports: microUSB 2.0
- Security: Fingerprint scanner
- Battery: 4100mAh, reverse charging
- OS: Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow, Zen UI 3.0
- Colors: Sand Gold, Glacier Silver, Titanium Gray, Rose Gold
- Price: estimated official price at P13,995 – P14,995 pesos or $300+ USD
- Release date: November 2016 Asus Zenfone 3 Max ZC553KL availability in the Philippines