Apple is rolling out its latest operating systems – the iOS 15 and iPadOS 15 after it was announced last June.
Both iOS 15 and iPadOS 15 get an updated Messages App, upgraded Maps, a new set of Memojis, and a new feature called Focus that lets you filter notifications and apps based on what you want to focus on.
The key features of the new iOS 15 include SharePlay in FaceTime so you can share your screen with the person you want to share with, Live Text using on-device intelligence, redesigned Notifications, and more.
On the other hand, the iPadOS 15 also brings new features like more intuitive multitasking, a new Home Screen design with added widgets, a redesigned Safari experience, SharePlay, and App Library to have a more structured method of organizing apps.
To get the new software update, go to Settings > General > Software Update. Here’s the list of all iPhone and iPad devices that is compatible with iOS 15 and iPadOS 15.
iPhone (iOS 15)
- iPhone 12 Series
- iPhone 11 Series
- iPhone XS Series
- iPhone XR
- iPhone X
- iPhone 8 Series
- iPhone 7 Series
- iPhone 6s Series
- iPhone SE (1st generation)
- iPhone SE (2nd generation)
- iPod touch (7th generation)
iPad (iPadOS 15)
- iPad Pro 12.9-inch (1st to 5th generation)
- iPad Pro 11-inch (1st to 3rd generation)
- iPad Pro 10.5-inch
- iPad Pro 9.7-inch
- iPad (5th to 8th generation)
- iPad mini (4th to 5th generation)
- iPad Air (2nd to 4th generation)
- iPad Air (3rd generation)