Four-door sedan version of Toyota Corolla 2020 is now official
With a similar yet improved 1.8-liter non-turbo gas engine (1.6-liter base in the Philippines), the Japanese carmaker officially unveiled its 12th generation Toyota Corolla or Corolla Altis which is slated to become available starting March 2019.
The highlight and most important features of the 2020 Corolla are the new TNGA or Toyota New Global Architecture design, a set of safety features, and an improved CVT transmission. Its exterior is now edgier, and undeniably, a mixed of luxurious Camry and sporty RAV4.
There will be an SE and XSE trim models where a 2.0-liter engine will be offered at 169HP. These will also sport more aggressive front grills that could be layered with TRD accessories. Meanwhile, other markets like in Asia including Thailand, Indonesia, Vietnam, Malaysia, and the Philippine may have a 1.6-liter engine as the base model.
When will the 2020 Toyota Corolla Altis be released and priced in the Philippines?
For the pricing and release date in the Philippines, we will need to wait for the availability in the USA first, which is on March 2019, before its local debut. We estimate a P990k price for the base model of 1.6-liter engine Manual transmission or MT E-model and up to P1.6 million pesos top SE variant with 2.0 engine.
Toyota Corolla Altis 2020 specs, release date Philippines, price
- Body type: 4-door sedan
- Engine: 1.8-liter or 2.0-liter non-turbo gas or petrol
- Power: 120HP @ 6000 rpm, 132HP @ 6000 rpm, 169HP
- Torque: 154 Nm @ 5200 rpm, 187Nm @ 3,600
- Transmission: 6-speed CVT automatic or manual
- Fuel efficiency: 15 to 20 km/l
- Ground clearance: 180mm to be confirmed
- Safety: Driver, front passenger and side curtain airbags, Pre Collision, Lane departure, Lane tracing, Road Sign Assits, Rear view camera, Reverse parking sensors, ISOFIX
- Features: Full Range Dynamic Cruise Control, Keyless entry, 8-inch touch center display, 7-inch digital gauge cluster
- Price: estimated P990,000 Philippine pesos base model 1.6-liter, up to P1.6M for 2.0 variant SE / XSE
- Release: Q2 2019 in the Philippines, Thailand, Malaysia, Australia (Corolla Altis)