If the latest 12.5-inch Xiaomi Mi Notebook Air (2019) is not on par with what you need, you can try getting the 15.6-inch Mi Notebook (2019) instead featuring the latest 8th Gen i5 CPU, MX110 Nvidia graphics (2GB VRAM), and 8GB of RAM; all for ~Php33.5k. For its estimated price, it’s one of the best bang-for-the-buck laptops out there in early 2019.
There are two colors for the 15.6-inch Mi Notebook (Early 2019): Gray that looks like a MacBook Pro and Black that appears like a Microsoft Surface Laptop. Either way, it has the same impressive clean and light build despite the large FHD+ screen, that is with 19.9mm body thickness. As for the speakers, it supports Dolby virtual surround sound.
The hardware side continues to impress with a dual-fan cooling system presenting dual-air outlets and 2+2 heat pipe layout for better thermal management.
Going back to the specs, the latest Mi Notebook comes with DDR4 2400MHz RAM with an option to expand via dual memory slot of up to 32GB RAM. There are 256GB and 512GB storage options. Fortunately, you won’t be living the dongle life as this laptop has 2 x USB 3.0, 1 x USB 2.0, a Gigabit Ethernet port, standard HDMI port, 3-in-1 card reader, and an audio jack.
The base model of the 15.6-inch Xiaomi Mi Notebook (Early 2019) has a price of 4299 Yuan ~Php33.5K(8GB/256GB) while the 512GB variant will set you back at 4899 Yuan ~Php38k.
Check out: Move over Macbook Air, Asus ZenBook S13 is here
15.6-inch Xiaomi Mi Notebook (Early 2019) specs, price, release date in the Philippines
- Display: 15.6-inch Full HD IPS
- Design: all metal, dual-fan cooling system
- CPU: 8th Gen Intel Core i5 quad-core
- GPU: MX110 with 2GB VRAM
- RAM: 8GB 2400MHz DDR4 (upgradeable up to 32GB, one extra slot)
- Storage: 256GB/512GB SSD
- Ports: 1 x Type-A 2.0, 2 x Type-A 3.0, standard HDMI, Audio combo, 3-in-1 card reader, gigabit ethernet
- Connectivity: WiFi ac, Bluetooth 4.2
- OS: Windows 10 Home
- Release date: April 9, 2019 (Global), TBD (Philippines)
- Price: estimated from Php33.5k up to Php38K