We reported leaks of official images and pricing of the Xiaomi Mi 9 a few days ago, leaving almost nothing to the imagination in terms of looks and specs. But as it goes official today, the Mi 9 comes with interesting features than its Snapdragon 855 and triple camera setup.
Xiaomi Mi 9: What We Know
As usual, Xiaomi’s flagship phone in 2019 is one of the first devices to sport the flagship Snapdragon 855 SoC based on the 7nm process node. The camera side of the Mi 9 further impresses with 48MP + 16MP wide-angle + 12MP telephoto. The front camera won’t be bested with its 20MP sensor capable of HDR.
Based on DxoMark scores, the 107 overall score of Xiaomi Mi 9 beats the Pixel 3 and the Galaxy Note 9.
Xiaomi Mi 9: What We Didn’t Know
Putting mobile processor and cameras side, the Xiaomi Mi 9 makes use of Samsung’s AMOLED panel at 6.39-inch FHD+ resolution — protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 6. Xiaomi won’t be faking the back panel here as it goes for gradient design — reflecting hues of blue, green, and purple in different angles.
Gaming-wise, Xiaomi is introducing its “Game Turbo” feature for better fps management during extended sessions. Interestingly, it has a dedicated Google Assistant on the side.
You might be baffled why the Mi 9 only comes with 3300mAh — fret not as Xiaomi is betting on their fast charging technology — a whopping 20W wireless charging and 27W wired charging.
More on the specs, Xiaomi Mi 9 can go up to 12GB of RAM and 256GB storage. You can get yours in blue, black, and purple versions with a transparent back design in the works already. As for the (official Chinese) price, see the list below:
- 6GB/128GB – $445 or ~Php21K
- 8GB/128GB – $490 or ~Php25.5K
- 12GB/256GB – $600 or ~Php31K
We originally reported a 64GB variant at Php19K although it wasn’t mentioned during the event, we still expect the estimated price to be the same.
Xiaomi Mi 9 specs, price, release date in the Philippines
- Display: 6.39-inch Full HD+ Super AMOLED screen, 403ppi 19.5:9, Corning Gorilla Glass 6, teardrop notch, Always-on display
- Design: glass and metal, dedicated Google Assistant button
- CPU: Snapdragon 855 octa-core AI processor
- GPU: Adreno 640 graphics
- RAM: 6GB, 8GB, 12GB
- Memory: 128GB, 256GB non-expandable
- Camera: 48MP f/1.75 (Sony IMX586) + 16MP f/2.2 wide-angle (Sony IMX481) + 12MP f/2.2 telephoto (Samsung S5K3M5)
- Selfie: 20MP with HDR
- Connectivity: 4G LTE-A, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS, NFC, WiFi ac, 4×4 MIMO, USB Type-C
- Battery: 3300 mAh, wired charging (27W), wireless charging (20W)
- Security: On-screen Fingerprint Scanner
- OS: Android 9.0 Pie
- Release date: March 2019 in China, Philippines availability TBA
- Price: 6GB/128GB – $445 or Php21K | 8GB/128GB – $490 or Php25.5K | 12GB/256GB – $600 or Php31K