The Chinese-giant is preparing to launch the Mi 11 series at the end of December 2020 with China getting the devices first. In terms of specs, a new leak suggests that the Mi 11 will have a curved AMOLED display and will have the option of up 120 Hz refresh rate for the high-end model.
Other features that are confirmed are a triple camera with 108MP main along with Ultra-wide and telephoto sensors. The high-end Mi 11 Pro or Ultra may get the quad-camera setup.
On the front is a punch-hole selfie camera, which is a bit disappointing considering Xiaomi has been flaunting its under-display camera. We might see the latter technology available by the end of 2021 on a different model though.
Powering the Mi 11 series is a Snapdragon 888 and it will be the world’s first smartphone that will become available with the said chipset.
Pricing is not yet mentioned but we estimate that it will run from $350 to $500 (P18,000 to P29,000 Philippine pesos) depending on the variant and memory with the Mi 11 base model having 8GB and up to 12GB for the Pro or Ultra Xiaomi Mi 11 series.
January is the target release date of the Mi 11 series just in time for the Chinese Lunar New Year. Mi 11 series might become available in the Philippines by a month after.
Xiaomi Mi 11 series specs, price, release date in the Philippines
- Display: 6.5-inch AMOLED curved screen, FHD+ up to 2K resolution
- Design: Gorilla Glass
- CPU: Snapdragon 888
- GPU: Adreno graphics
- RAM: 8GB up to 12GB
- Memory: 128GB up to 512B storage expandable with microSD card
- Camera: 108MP triple camera or 108MP quad-camera
- Selfie: punch-hole
- Connectivity: 5G, Bluetooth 5.1, WiFi 6, USB Type-C
- Battery: 5000 mAh up to 6000 mAh, 55W fast charging up to 110W
- OS: Android 11
- Price: $350 up to $500 before taxes or P18,000 up to P29,000 PHP
- Release date: January to February 2021