Vivo is on a roll as it releases another mid-range smartphone in China. This time, we’re looking at Vivo Y5s, a 6.53″ FHD+ smartphone that boasts a 90.3% screen-to-body ratio (partly due to the notch). The single model of 6GB/128GB is priced at CNY 1498 or nearly P10K in Philippine peso. There’s no word of exact release date but it’s going to come out soon in China.
Vivo Y5s Announced in China with 5000mAh Battery
One of the main features of Vivo Y5s is the large 5000mAh battery. It already supports 18W fast charging, so you don’t have to wait for three hours just to reach from flat to full. The caveat, however, is the use of a micro USB port. While it’s going to draw a comparison with the Realme 5, that one has no support for fast charging.
For the rest of the specs, the Vivo Y5s is using an Helio P65 chipset that should be more than enough for casual gaming. There are three main cameras, too — 16MP wide + 8MP ultrawide + 2MP macro. The front camera is using a 16MP lens. In China, the available colors for Y5s are green and blue/black. Both shine in gradient hue.
Vivo Y5s specs, price, and release date in PH
- Display: 6.53-inch (2340 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ display with teardrop notch
- Design: polycarbonate frame and back
- CPU: Octa-Core MediaTek Helio P65 (MT6768) (4x Cortex-A75 @ 2.0 GHz and 4x Cortex-A55 @ 2.0 GHz) 12nm
- GPU: ARM Mali-G52 GPU
- RAM: GB
- Memory: 128GB, microSD expansion of up to 256GB
- Camera: 16MP Sony IMX499 sensor f/1.78 + 8MP 120° ultrawide sensor f/2.2 + 2MP 4cm macro sensor f/2.4
- Selfie Camera: 16MP f/2.0
- Battery: 5000mAH with 18W Fast Charging
- Connectivity: 4G LTE, WiFi ac, Bluetooth 5.0, audio jack, micro USB, NFC
- Security: capacitive fingerprint scanner
- OS: Android 9.0 Pie with Funtouch OS 9
- Colors: green and blue/black
- Release Date: November 2019 in China, Philippines TBD
- Price: CNY 1498 (~P10K)