Launching special editions of smartphones isn’t new. Just last year, we saw brands like OnePlus and Huawei partnering with well-known car brands. While Redmi partnered with Crypton Future Media to release a Hatsune Mike Edition phone. This year, Realme X is taking the same route but with a unique inspiration — meet the Realme X in Garlic and Onion Editions.
Realme X in Garlic and Onion Editions
If you’re wondering if it’s a special brand or company, well, it’s not. The company literally took inspiration from garlic and onions. The idea comes from Naoto Fukasawa, a Japanese Industrial Designer. Due to the interesting textures of both garlic and onions, Realme X gave birth to a white-themed and orange-themed variants. What makes them unique are the vertical gleams when reflected by light. Interestingly, there’s an offset brand name with the Fukasawa’s signature beside the dual-camera setup.
Given they’re special editions, both phones are expected to come only with the highest configuration — 8GB/128GB. That puts the price at CNY 1899 or ~P14.5k before taxes.
Realme X Garlic and Onion Editions specs, price, availability in the Philippines
- Display: 6.5-inch FHD+ AMOLED
- Design: Gorilla Glass 5, metal, pop-selfie camera, All-screen
- CPU: 2.2Ghz octa-core, Snapdragon 710 AI chipset
- GPU: Adreno graphics
- Memory: 8GB
- Storage: 128GB non-expandable storage
- Camera: 48MP Sony sensor + 5MP depth sensor
- Selfie: 16MP front camera, pop-up mechanism
- Battery: 3765 mAh, Quick Charge or Super VOOC 3.0
- Security: In-display Fingerprint Scanner
- Connectivity: dual nano-SIM, WiFi ac, Bluetooth 5.0, 4G VoLTE
- Ports: USB Type-C
- OS: Android 9.0 Pie with Color OS 6
- Colors: Orange, White
- Price: CNY 1899 or about P14.5k price in the Philippines before taxes
- Release: May 2019 in China, June to July global launch