The biggest budget camera phone race is here as Realme, the sub-brand of Oppo, is launching the Realme 3 between February and March featuring a 48MP main camera. It’s a direct competitor to the Xiaomi’s Redmi Note 7 that was recently launched.
It’s expected the Realme 3 will feature the same design as the Realme U1 with a dewdrop notch on front and fairly thin bezels up the front. There will be two cameras at the back: a depth sensor for portrait and the main 48MP sensor. A fingerprint scanner is also expected to sit below it.
Other than those solid specs we gathered, the processor will be either the gaming and AI-optimized MediaTek P70. There’s a chance Realme will use the Snapdragon 660 SoC since it’s also the CPU found from Xiaomi Redmi Note 7.
As for the release date and availability, the Realme 3 will arrive first in China followed by other major Asian markets like the Philippines and India. The guestimated price is about P8,000.
Realme 3 rumored specs, release date, price in the Philippines
- Display: 6.3-inch FHD+ (2340 x 1080) LTPS IPS (In-Cell) 19.5:9 display, 409ppi
- Corning Gorilla Glass
- CPU: MediaTek Helio P70 2.1GHz octa-core CPU or Snapdragon 660 processor
- GPU: Mali-G72 GPU or Adreno graphics
- RAM: 3GB RAM + 32GB ROM, 4GB RAM + 64GB ROM (microSD up to 256GB)
- Rear Camera: 48MP + depth sensor dual camera
- Front: 8MP
- Connectivity: 4G LTE, Dual-SIM, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, FM Radio
- Ports: 3.5mm audio jack, USB Type-C
- Fingerprint scanner, AI Face Unlock
- OS: ColorOS 5.2 (Android 8.1 Oreo)
- Battery: 3,500mAh (5V 2A charging)
- Release date (Global): Expected March 2019 in the Philippines
- Price: P8,000 (est.) SRP for the 32GB