Your mouse speed can impact your overall rate; therefore, having a poor mouse speed is incredibly inefficient. To reach the corners of your computer screen, you must constantly elevate the mouse and adjust it. It would be much more helpful to have a speedier mouse pointer.
In addition, the in-game mouse for some games moves at the same pace as the pointer in Windows and the speed of your ordinary mouse. Even though this may not seem like much, it can be instrumental in games that have a lot of pointer movement and are played rapidly.
If you’re interested in learning how to accelerate the movement of your mouse cursor, continue reading.
How Can I Change the Speed of the Mouse?
There are a few alternative approaches to accelerating the pace of the mouse pointer, and it is also contingent on the operating system you are utilizing. In addition, specific gaming mice come equipped with built-in buttons that allow the user to adjust the pace of the mouse pointer on the fly.
This will show you how to improve the speed of your mouse cursor in Windows.
Changing Windows settings increase mouse speed. How-to:
- Tap the Devices option after opening the settings menu from the start menu.
- To use the mouse, select the option in the left sidebar.
- To quicken the mouse cursor’s movement, go to the right panel and drag the slider labeled “Cursor speed” to the right.
Windows’ Control Panel also lets you change the mouse speed.
- Find the Control panel by searching, then click on it.
- Choose the Hardware and Sound menu option, then select Devices and Printer from the drop-down menu.
- Click the Mouse settings option that appears when you right-click the Mouse option.
- To quicken the movement of the mouse pointer, go to the Pointer Options tab and then drag the slider that controls pointer speed to the right.
- Apply, then click the OK button.
Using Registry Editor, you can boost mouse pointer speed beyond Control Panel’s limit. Before altering the registry, back up the files.
Use Registry Editor to enhance mouse speed.
- To open the Run box, press the Windows and R keys simultaneously.
- After typing regedit, press the Enter key.
- Locate the following in the Registry Editor:
- Double-click the MouseSpeed icon in the right panel, and then modify the value to “Click on OK.”
- Make sure that MouseThreshold1 and MouseThreshold2 have a value of 1 by following the same procedure.
- Restart your PC.
Increase Mouse Speed Using DPI
DPI measures mouse sensitivity. Higher DPI accurately detects minor movements. A high DPI mouse can help speed up your cursor.
DPI affects mouse pointer speed based on hardware. A high DPI mouse will pick up little motions better and move faster.
Increasing your pointer speed through the system increases the cursor’s DPI, and high mouse pointer speeds result in a faster cursor.
DPI increases your mouse’s sensitivity and, in FPS games, your crosshair speed.
Some mice, especially gaming mice, have a DPI button or scroll wheel to modify mouse pointer speed. Some mice have a DPI switch, which can be beneficial.
Most contemporary mice’s DPI can be adjusted using the manufacturer’s software. Increasing mouse speed is software-specific.
Logitech G HUB for Logitech devices, Razer Synapse for Razer devices, and HyperX NGENUITY for HyperX are some examples of dedicated device software that can be used to adjust mouse DPI.