The (SSS) or Social Security System provides continuous cash assistance for qualified members from natural disasters and even public health emergencies. The impact of the coronavirus pandemic on our livelihood and employment has been drastic. The government even announced that Filipinos can apply for a calamity loan to aid those who are in need to get back up. Here are some of the things that you should consider.
SSS CALAMITY APPLICATION ELIGIBILITY
The SSS calamity loan will be available for all of the qualified members that meet the following requirements.
- Resided on an address that must be declared a state of calamity by the LGU or the President himself.
- The last six months’ worth of contributions must be posted for the last year or 12 consecutive months before the month you apply for the calamity loan.
- Member must not have availed of the benefits for death, total disability, or retirement benefits.
- All outstanding balances for restructuring and other cash assistance packages for calamity loans in a member’s account should have been settled before the application.
- A member must be non-delinquent and employed before the company shuts off its services due to the state of Calamity.
Requirement for the Calamity Loan during an ECQ/MECQ/GCQ
If the Philippines is in a state of calamity and there are community quarantine protocols active. SSS will no longer require loan applicants to visit an SSS office to submit the forms and requirements. So to process your loan, here are the required documents.
- Fully-furnished SSS Calamity Loan application form.
- Certification of residency from your respective barangay
- One valid government-issued ID or 2 secondary IDs
For OFWs, here are the requirements when applying through a representative other than the first three.
- Duly signed authorization letter
- Clear copy or scanned document copies of the valid OWF ID or any proof of employment.
- Original copy and/or a clear copy of the valid government-issued ID or 2 secondary IDs of the representative.
Calamity Loan Benefits from SSS
- A qualified member can get up to Php20,000 amount of loan or equivalent to one month worth of salary.
- A 10% annual interest rate.
- The repayment duration for up to 27 months is equivalent to the regular 24 months of payment period plus three months of the moratorium. Payments will be required in the fourth month after the month and date of approval.
- The service fees will be waived monthly during the repayment period.
SSS Calamity Loan Application Procedure
- Decisions for the calamity loan approval will be made within seven up to fifteen business days from the time you submit all requirements.
- Qualified members will be notified via email of the repayment terms and loan conditions.
- Once approved, the loan amount will be credited to your bank account or e-wallet that you have indicated upon application.
For further questions and details about the SSS Calamity Loan, all members can reach out through the hotlines 920-6446 to 55 or send an email to [email protected].